Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

16 months of ownership - finally happy

I thought you were in litigation over yours. How is that going?
  2. H

That's BS! No vehicle should vibrate like that. I hated my Explorer by the time I was able to rid myself of it. OK, not 'hated', but strongly disliked. I miss the Golden Bronze color the most. I love to drive and I was starting to despise it. Then when I noticed the paint rubbing off on...
  3. H

Thanks Peter. I'm very happy with it. As far as the ToyotaNation forum - already been there. I wanted to change how the SmartKey system unlocked doors and was able to find it within moments.
  4. H

I did not get what I wanted for the Ex, but given that I had purchased it at XPlan pricing plus the deal and 0% financing for 60 months on the Highlander, I thought it was a pretty sweet deal.
  5. H

Yes, traded it in on a 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited. Got an offer that I couldn't refuse ($1800 below invoice) and saw it as my way out of the Explorer that Ford was not standing behind. The Highlander may not have all of the bells and whistles that the Ex had, but at least the ones it...
  6. H

I owned my 2012 Explorer Limited for 16 months and finally... No more vibration issues.:D No more sluggish and frustrating infotainment system.:D No more paint rubbing off doors.:D No more Ford....:D:thumbsup:
  7. H

power liftgate reopens when starting Ex..

Mine reverses every time. I had it to the dealership yesterday and they told me, "Could not duplicate concern at this time." I think they only have one key on their computers and it's a macro to print this on the invoice!
  8. H

Can not run Vehicle Health report after upgrade

Hey Rebecca, I have successfully run the Vehicle Health Report in my 2012 Explorer three times within the past week. I use a Davis CarChip data logger that plugs into the OBDII port. I removed this and the next time I started my vehicle the report ran successfully. Of course I plugged it...
  9. H

Hi Rebecca, I was contacted by someone, his name may have been Robert, back in the middle of July but I have heard nothing since.
  10. H

Hi Rebecca, Is there any update on this? I sent you a PM almost two weeks ago. I did receive a call but didn't get any contact information. I just tried to send to my vehicle using MapQuest and it can not connect to Ford SYNC service. I'm thinking this is related. Thanks!
  11. H

Hi Rebecca, Yes, the Vehicle Health Report worked flawlessly before installing the performance upgrade. I have sent you the requested information! Thanks!
  12. H

Unfortunately, no, nothing got reset. Everything checks out. Thanks for the ideas...
  13. H

My provider is At&T, work issued blackberry bold :(.
  14. H

I've scoured for an answer to this but came up empty handed... Does anyone else get the message "Vehicle Health Report cannot be submitted at this time" when you try to run a Vehicle Health Report since the 'Performance Upgrade'? I get it every time. I've tried re-pairing my phone and...
  15. H

iPod Track/Album not showing Explorer MFT

I've had this issue in the past and found that I had to disable disk usage on my iPod Touch Gen3. Mine started when I installed the so called 'Performance upgrade?' too. Not sure if this will help you but it's worth a shot. Good luck.
  16. H

Is this vibration normal?

Nope, always been told "it's characteristic of the vehicle".
  17. H

2012 Explorer. Air vent.

You can find more information on this as well as pictures here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342745&page=2 It is only on vehicles equipped with the Tow Package. Mine fell off or wasn't re-installed at one of the two dealerships that I go to. Both are telling me that...
  18. H

Lower Air Dam Intake Duct Falls Off / Missing

I was quoted $86 for the air dam. I think the screws might be around $12 a piece. I've PM'd Cory but haven't received a response.
  19. H

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Received mine in Fitchburg, MA today. Installed last week and now have functioning NAV and Services again.
  20. H

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

Received mine today in Fitchburg, MA. I'm happy to have my NAV and Services functional again.
  21. H

Got the mailed update today

Received mine today in MA.
  22. H

Possible overheating starting

I was checking them after running errands and then again after my hour commute to work. No spinny. Maybe it's just been cold enough that they aren't running much.
  23. H

Possible overheating starting

I've noticed that my fans are not spinning on my 2012 but no change in the temperature gauge. How often do the fans spin?
  24. H

My transmission air duct fell off

Mine is just gone. They want to charge me $86 for a new one. I say Design Flaw!
  25. H

Lower Air Dam Intake Duct Falls Off / Missing

Part Number: 10494 Description: Engine Underbody Air Deflector 3.5L V6 Cyclone TIVCT With Speed Control I always thought it was part of the tow package but maybe it's not?
Back