Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Is a rubber band stock equipment?

I found this "rubber band" at the same spot you described on my 2011. Did you ever find out what it's for? I only found this "rubber band"on the rear passrnger side. Strange...
  2. M

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Does anyone know when the software update will be available?
  3. M

I don't think there's any particular grouping of build dates that are experiencing the problem. Seems pretty sporadic. Mine was built in December 2010 and my power steering went out in June 2011. So its definitely not limited to late 2011/early 2012 models. Everyone should be concerned.
  4. M

I wish I could tell you this was a fluke. It will come back. I periodically lost power steering when first starting the car for a few months. Recycling the engine cured the problem. Then one day, all the warnings came on and stayed on (no power steering, no advance trac, no turn signals, no...
  5. M

What is this ugly HOOK?

Rear permanent tow hook Does anyone with the Tow Package have the rear tow hook (shown in the picture above) on their Explorer? Makes sense to me that that those of us with the tow package wouldn't have it, but I'm just trying to see if mine came missing parts. Thanks for any responses.
  6. M

What is this ugly HOOK?

Do you have the tow package?
  7. M

What is this ugly HOOK?

Thanks, I appreciate the picture. I don't have that hook on mine. Is there a certain "package" on yours that comes with this. Mine is a Base Model 4WD with the Tow Package.
  8. M

What is this ugly HOOK?

I can't seem to find the permanent tow hook on the rear driver's side on my Ex (4WD/Tow package). Can you or anyone else post a picture. Thanks.
  9. M

Please do a recall Ford Its hard to believe this is still happening to people. My dealer put a new steering rack in in June. I've had no problems since then, but I can only assume that even with a brand new steering rack that the inherent defect in the steering system still exists. When I...
  10. M

Those are the same warnings I received. All of those (including the two orange icons in the bottom right) stayed on. If the local Ford techs at your dealership want to talk to mine - I took my truck to Gillingham Ford. The number is 216/398-1300. My service advisor was "Terry." Terry will...
  11. M

My dealer and Ford "engineers" saw no history of the problem or any encoded error messages during their diagnostic tests either. Nothing showed up. They were scratching their heads. Luckily (I guess) my Power Steering and Advance Trac Warnings stayed on as I limped the trucked into the...
  12. M

My build date was 12/2/10. So, to hear that yours is 5/26/11 and you experienced the same problem I did, is troubling to say the least. Apparently this was not just a bad "batch" of power steering racks and is a systematic defect. Cory, you obviously read these posts, what is the status of...
  13. M

The "Rack" that I am referring to is short for an entire new "Rack and Pinion." Ford replaced the entire guts of my steering. I think the part cost Ford about $500 to $600 bucks, plus labor. I am no mechanical genius, but I know this is a major component to a vehicle that is likely never...
  14. M

After talking with Ford "engineers", my dealer could not diagnose the problem and they authorized a new Power Steering Rack. Ford: "Ah... we dunno.. I guess throw a new Rack in.. see if that helps." Give me a break. I have not had any problems since they put the new Rack in a month ago...
  15. M

Got the truck back Thursday night. New powersteering rack was installed and everything is fine. No warning has re-appeared. Very strange. All is well for now. Good luck, let me know what your dealer decides.
  16. M

My new Powersteering Rack is finally in and they are supposedly putting it in this morning. Did your "Service Advance Track" warning also simultanously go off? Did your Power Steering Assist Fault warning stay on - all the way to the dealership? Mine did. I have this feeling that I will get...
  17. M

I had the exact same problem with the Power Steering Assist Fault warning coming on immediately after starting the truck. Happened every few days or so for about a month. About 10 days ago, the Power Steering Assist Fault warning came on and stayed on. I previously was doing the same thing as...
  18. M

Has anyone else lost power steering in their new Ex? I bought mine in January and had no problems for several months. Recently, when starting the vehicle the "Power Steering Assist Fault" warning started coming on. After turning off the ignition and re-starting the engine, the warning went...
Back