Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

List your Explorer and the NOISES it makes!

Sounds My Explorer has a small groan from the steering wheel every slight left, the occasional bang from what I am guessing are worn bushings on the radius arms. And the violent clicking of a sticking valve until it warms up. Oh, and the common rubber snagging the rear window glass as it goes...
  2. U

Fuel Gage Issues!!

Ohm My multi-tool has several setting to measure resistance. It read 4 on the tank end and 7 on the gauge side with around 3/4 tank of gas.
  3. U

Fuel Gage Issues!!

tested I did the yellow wire trick and I most likely had the meter set on the wrong setting but regardless I got the same resistance on both sides of connector. As soon as I find an anti-slosh module I will do a photo write up on its replacement. Road runner, I did notice that after I checked...
  4. U

Fuel Gage Issues!!

Thanks This site is awesome! Going to buy a resistance meter today to see whats the problem with my fuel gauge.
  5. U

Wanted 2" lift kit

Looking too cmhaah06, what do you have? In the same boat here.
  6. U

1992 lift help.

Ok, for now Im just going to replace the shocks and add some shackles to level her back up. I have a little over a month before my trip to deem her road worthy.
  7. U

1992 lift help.

Not very often unfortunately. I went once 2 years ago and fell in love. This time around I want to get more away from the tourist type areas. Im a photographer on the side, getting bored with the North Texas flat lands.
  8. U

bigger tires

It's all good. This is my first 4x4, coming over from the lowered truck world and I know jack squat about gearing. Compared to my rangers 4 banger this 4.0 is heaven to me. I want to use it as a daily driver, just didn't want to gas mileage to get much worse. Thanks for the info.
  9. U

bigger tires

Yes I did. I've heard It will be fine and I've heard it will be doggy. Was hoping for a little more convincing in either direction.
  10. U

bigger tires

Soooo With my 92 4.0 5 spd I should be ok running 32's with my 3:27 gears? Never dealt with gearing before, ever.
  11. U

1992 lift help.

Im a nube, just bought my damn near mint 92 explorer xlt 4x4 for $750. It has a spotless interior, new clutch (5spd), all power options and yes they all work minus the rear windshield wiper. (Im working on it) Only 1 door ding. My plans are to use it for daily driving and for my trips to...
Back