Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2011 Ford Explorer Transmission Problems?

For those following this thread they have decided to replace the transmission with a new one. I have heard from Crystal (on this website; who is a Ford rep) and a person from Ford (Sandy) from their Customer Manage Service??, and from the dealer. Everyone has been working together to address...
  2. D

Well it is time for an update. I picked up the car on Tuesday but had to return it on Wednesday as it now has a "slam" or "bang" sound when rolling to a stop. It appears to be banging when it is shifting between 4th to 3rd gear; or from 3rd gear to 2nd gear. They tested it today and called me...
  3. D

Crystal, I called them this afternoon. They said they had the transmission all pulled apart. The bad part is the "Direct Clutch." They are going to order the parts and hope to have it ready by late Friday. I have around 40,000 miles on the car. So, assuming it is fixed on Friday, I guess...
  4. D

Hi all, This post is getting long but I thought I would add my 2011 to the list. My transmission is "slamming" between gears and really slams hard when I put it in reverse. I went to my local Ford but they do not have a certified transmission person; so I went 40 miles to the next town. They...
  5. D

Flat towing Explorer

Hi All, I just received a notice this subject being discussed again. I have a 2011 Explorer and I even discovered you could "turn off" the key in the neutral position. I thought this finally solved the problem but the battery still went dead in six hours. Ford usggested to me to buy a...
  6. D

Blue Ox BasePlace on Explorer

I have not seen any replies but I did discover I can turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position instead of just the "Accessory" position. The key will not come out because the gear shift is in the neutral position and the steering wheel is NOT locked because it is in neutral. I had two...
  7. D

Mike, Baseplate installed in about 5 hours including wiring and parts for brake system. This is the third base plate I have installed and was the easiest to do. I did not remove the bumper; I just bent the wires. I towed vehicle 1,300 miles over four days. My battery has gone dead twice...
  8. D

Thanks Mike, I just received my Blue Ox today, so tomorrow, I will dig in. Oh, by the way I would recommend you consider the TOAD-CHARGE made by LSL Products. http://www.lslproducts.com/ToadChargePage.html They are a good company and this unit will protect your car battery and alternator...
  9. D

Hey Mike, I am getting ready to install my base plate. The photos show that you just bend the rod to insert the nuts. Did you feel you could not bend the rod in order to get the nuts aligned properly?? I'm just trying to understand before I attack this thing tomorrow. >> Dennis
  10. D

Really Enjoying My 2011 Explorer

Okay, so I have ownly owned it for three days but I continue to receive complements. Certainly runs like a charm and I learn something new every day. I am installing a base plate to tow it with my motor home so I have be in it and under it from front to back and find it well built. I am sure...
  11. D

Flat towing Explorer

Mike, I understand your theory but I was under the impression if you disconnect the battery you will lose all your clock and radio settings?? Normally, there is a single fuse you can pull (or set up a toggle disconnect) that turns off the car accessories but not the clock or radio circuits...
Back