Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

Brake lights stay on This just started. The brakes lights stay on. Tried pulling different fuses, no luck. Any ideas. 2003 Ford Explorer V8 Eddie Bower Limited Edition Repaired the broken wires in the door a while back.
  2. S

2003 xlt door lock insanity

Door lock issue Hi I have had the door apart and fixed the broken wires to solve the lights and horn going off in the middle of the night last year. However lately when I lock the doors with the key fob the horn beeps once if the doors are all closed and i can hear the doors lock however...
  3. S

Air Bag Light Flash Code (LFC) 42

Much appreciated!
  4. S

Air Bag Light Flash Code (LFC) 42

Anybody know why the little airbag icon on the left side of the panel flashes 4 times then 2 times and then comes on steady?
  5. S

Has anyone had an issue with he icon lighting up on the lower left corner of the display showing the airbag? It flashes then stays on. I have already repaired the black wire breaks.
  6. S

You need to read the posts again. That is 100% a broken wire in the driver's door tunnel. Maybe more than one. It is a 20 to 30 minute repair even for a novice. All the instructions are on this site. The Ford Motor Company doesn't have the instructions as clear as this website. You...
  7. S

Doing the wire repair inside the door is actually pretty easy with the help of this site. You will need black electrical tape; wire strippers; 10 mm socket with ratchet with extension (3/8 drive) however 1/4 drive will work. The black wire is the heaviest however there is a blue wire the same...
  8. S

Hi Thanks for the pics and instructions on the broken wires inside the door boot. Had 4 broken wires. Now my windows work again and I no longer have to shut off the dimmer switch to kill the alarm. Thanks again to all!
  9. S

Temporary Fix I found for dead battery I had the same problem. When I used my remote to lock the car the horn would beep twice meaning "door ajar". Alarms would go off etc.. I found that if I shut off the dome switch "dimmer" all the way that solved the issue. Every time I leave the car I...
  10. S

Door Ajar- WD40 versus Liquid Wrench I have used WD-40 and I have used Liquid Wrench. The LW lasts a lot longer. Just had the transmission pooch out on mine. $2236.15 CDN later included a new harness and flywheel. Also you can get a rebuild kit for the front driveshaft for the CV joint.
  11. S

Keyless entry pad code location

Location for Keyless Pad Codes They sell a small camera with scope which has alight on it that you could stick down rather than having to remove the bottom panel.
  12. S

Door Ajar- WD40 versus Liquid Wrench I tried the WD-40 a couple of times and it didn't last long. Then I went to Liquid Wrench (the yellow and blue can) which is closer to white lithium grease and sprayed the right front door (which seems to be the worst one) and the driver's door and haven't...
  13. S

I just want to say a big hearty "Thank You" to Rick for the forum and to you all for the great solutions provided. My alarm has been going off in the middle of the night waking the neighborhood. I'll try the WD-40 first and then look for the broken wire. Switch to turn off the backup indicator...
  14. S

front drive shaft removal to save on fuel

Thanks, that covers it.
  15. S

How to remove front drive shaft?

Front dive shaft Thanks everyone! I think that is what I will do. Just take it out until I grab a new one. My wiring system does some weird stuff. One day one thing will work the next it doesn't. I will check the wires coming through the driver's door. Happy July 4th!!
  16. S

How to remove front drive shaft?

I see the pictures on the last couple of posts but not on the others. My shaft has nothing in the middle. Just goes from the front to the back with the multiple screws in the back. It is a 2003 EB Limited 4.6 The slop is in the rear of the drive shaft. Really sloppy. I hope the Ford techs...
  17. S

BAll end VS CV joint I have seen plenty of CV joints and never have i seen one that looks like this. I am talking the end at the back
  18. S

So how do you take it out? The one with the ball?
  19. S

All four wheel bearings crapped out by 70k miles?

Wheel Bearings burning out I have been told the reason is they use a integral unit and it's exposed to the weather and road sand. Eats them up.
  20. S

Can't figure out this code: P0401

Codes on a 2003 Explorer B Limited How do you get the codes? Do you need a reader?
  21. S

Removal of front drive shaft My front drive shaft in my 2003 Explorer EB Limited is pretty sloppy. It has the ball at the transfer case. Is there specific instructions on how to remove it?
  22. S

What is this switch for?

Switch Thanks. Love this forum!
  23. S

What is this switch for?

On the dash of my 2003 EX Eddie Bauer Limited there is a switch to the left of the steering wheel that has a light that says "OFF" If I push it twice the light goes out for awhile. I have read the manual a number of times but can't find what it's for. There is a "P" on it with arrows or...
  24. S

broke both rear coil springs

Broken Coil Springs I have the right front and right rear coils broken on my ride. The danger is in snow especially. The truck tries and turns right when it hits a snow windrow. Scares the daylights out of people.
  25. S

Metric to Miles

Do you have the LED information screen to the right of the steering wheel? Press "information" and then "Reset" when prompted Then just follow the directions. You will come to a screen where you can choose metric or miles.
Back