Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Will adding magnaflow cause problems?

I cant imagine that it would cause any problems to your engine or transmission. Cat back systems are usually past all engine reading sensors. There is one thing to consider after you install it, most ECUs these days are learning based and turn to your driving habits. If you want to be on the...
  2. A

Removing the grille

The 3m stuff is pretty cool, but harder to perfect than I thought. Cutting it to get straight lines on the car is more difficult than I thought. Right now have it on the center part of the hood. I plan on putting it on the door handles as well, however I am not sure how to take them off...
  3. A

Removing the grille

Hey Guys, Thanks for all your help with removing this grille. I was able to do it and love my end result. I decided to go with a satin/matte black and leave the ford logo. I like the way it added some character to the car. I have also started playing around with some 3M Matte black...
  4. A

Removing the grille

I removed those screws and bolts on what I think is the facia, based on the bolt and srew description. however it did not exposure to the bolts on the grille any more than before. Do you have any photos that show what your referring to for those bolts and the facia?
  5. A

Removing the grille

I took a look at those screws mentioned above. It seems like a significant amount of removal to access those bolt that secure the grill. Even then the approach to the bolts looks difficult. I feel that I must be doing something wrong, or mistaking which screws and/or panels you are talking...
  6. A

Under Body Question

Thanks for looking for me. I have worked on a lot of cars, and this is a first for me not to find one. I didn't want to believe it. No under body protection for a engine bay in a suv, piss poor designing on fords half. Not only are they a industry standard for protection, but they are great...
  7. A

Removing the grille

Hey Guys, I was wondering if anyone could describe how to remove the grille assembly? I would like to paint mine black to match the rest of my car. I have gotten the top bolts and tabs off but it seems to be secured at the base as well, but I am not sure how. Does anyone know if they are...
  8. A

Under Body Question

Hey Guys, Quick question for you, I was wondering if someone could check under there 2011 explorer and see if they have any plastic underbody panels. Basically its a piece of plastic under the engine that separates the engine bay from the elements. I was wondering if mine was missing it...
Back