Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Wanted Help with misfiring on my 1997 5.0L Explorer.

I did cut the pipes to get it off of the front...thats what happens when you take the fast easy way out... the bolts and connectors were just so rusted up and looked like they had been on there since the truck was built (making it 14 yrs of rust build up) I cut them off in a place where it was...
  2. T

Well after i changed the wires and cleaned out the cat converters/mufflers... I have now had the codes cleared and the engine is running great...scanned the engine again with no codes coming up)...its still shifting hard sometimes (like when I let off of the gas) I'm going to change the trans...
  3. T

thanks for the wire tip ... I'll make sure they aren't touching the alt.
  4. T

Well I replaced the wires cleaned out the exaust (washed them out like you said to do) and sea foamed it (without the exaust on it) and its running better now(no chugging or misfiring)... But there is still some kind of issue with it... Now it shifts great when you step on the gas and if you get...
  5. T

I think you just solved my issue too... I looked under there today trying to get the cats off and I see an area where the carbon build up was coming out (because of sea foaming it a bit) it wasn't coming out of the tail pipes so I looked further up the line and saw where it was exiting (on a...
  6. T

I am sea foaming it, changing the wires, replacing the throttle body gasket (I took it apart the other day and found it was bad; the on that goes directly on the intake from the throttle body) and I'll clean the cat converters like you said; removing the O2 sensors before sea foaming it...I...
  7. T

The vac hoses seemed fine when I replaced the erg vavle and solenoid ... is it normal for the engines rpm's to increase when you take the vac line off to put it into the pvc line? I really appreciate the advise you gave for washing out the cat converters (I didn't think you could do that)...
  8. T

I replaced the wires last time I did the tune up and I was thinking of doing it this time also but haven't yet... I read somewhere that if your cat is plugged then you can drill holes into it to let the pressure out (but of course you would have to replace them...) I was thinking the same thing...
  9. T

I replaced the coils still no improvement... I was thinking maybe it would be a fuel injector (either dirty or clogged) ...does anyone have any thoughts on this... I was going to sea foam it but I'm kinda apprehensive about putting it into the vaccum line (I don't need any more problems with it)...
  10. T

I was wondering if anyone knew when the ignition coils should be replaced .... The truck chuggs when you push down on the accelerator and when I took it to the shop they hooked it up to the scanner and it said it was in need of a tune up and it was misfiring, that the O2 sensors are bad and...
Back