Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Need 4.0 ohv cam position sensor pics!!

after trying to fix my truck with a multimeter and no success i scavenged the net for hours and found the name of the tool finally it is a ----> OTC Ford Cam Sensor Synch Tool OTC-6472 <-------- do some research on this one as it is for my 97 OHV 4.0 explorer but as i have seen there are...
  2. F

i tried to get my explorer started again today but i killed my battery so i have it on the charger for the night. my friend didn't show up to help me so i was adjusting the CMP then locking it down then running to the ignition to try to start it. needless to say but i need my friend to turn the...
  3. F

i am going to see if this works on my 97 explorer this weekend coming up.. i am going to adjust my camshaft position sensor(CMP) while my friend is turning my engion over (i took the hood off my truck and i am using a 10mm ratchet wrench) as it is almost impossible to do this by myself and more...
  4. F

Need Help with Cracking Paint and rust on 98 Sport!!!

PS use the green scrubby on the new paint after it dries for at least 24hrs before you clear coat it ( it gives the clear coat something to bind to when applying and remember to not push on the scrubby just palm it very lightly and let it do its job. you also might look into whats called a tack...
  5. F

Need Help with Cracking Paint and rust on 98 Sport!!!

take back the paint around the rust about 2in from were it ended at and after you paint it take a green house hold scrubby pad and lightly scuff about 3 more inches out from were you plan to paint and after you paint don't forget to get a can of clear coat to stop the new paint from pealing (if...
  6. F

Ford Explorer 2000 4.0 SOHC ???????

my wire is green with a white stripe and it goes to the square bolted connector on the drivers side near the back of the engion... if im not mistaken it is a 10mm bolt that pulls the connection together and also separates it.. your wire colors may be different but that's were it ends up at in...
  7. F

Ford Explorer 2000 4.0 SOHC ???????

im headed out to look at my 97 ford X to see were mine goes to :-) and will post when i find it but i wish i had seen this post earlier when i didnt need a flashlight lol but in will post back
  8. F

engine swap time crunch - injector colors?

in the OHV's the 2nd O2 sensor is ran off of the transmissions wiring harness also if you need to check the camshaft position sensor and adjust it, it is a lot easier to do it with the engion out then trying to do it with the engion in.
  9. F

Door handle problem.

glad to help out :-)
  10. F

Door handle problem.

ford door lock rod clip autozone has this
  11. F

Hello, from Louisiana!

do a google search on thermostats for your vehicle that or your water pump is going but i would say by your post that it is the thermostat
  12. F

Door handle problem.

any auto parts store should have the clip that you need
  13. F

Heelllppppp!!!!!!!

might be useful i did some digging for you and found this Selector Lever Indicator Adjustment Remove the lower steering column opening finish panel. Remove the screws and position the hood release handle out of the way. Remove the two screws from the lower steering column opening finish...
  14. F

Another interior lighting issue.

can you remove the light bulbs at all? some light bulbs you have to push down on then twist to get out if so take a picture of 1 or both of them so i know what kind of twist in bulbs you have for you lighting issue, even if you can post a link to a bulb that looks like your light bulb from...
  15. F

engion turns but wont start????

my engion is 1997 vin X OHV I had it running for about 3 seconds today then it shut down and now it turns over but wont start again, so im leaning to the vacuum lines and that part in the picture. the timing is correct ( #1 piston top dead center and camshaft sprocket dot lined up with the dot...
  16. F

update https://picasaweb.google.com/103001036944897644348/Jul102011?authkey=Gv1sRgCMCb_8jGos7l7wE#5627813049835698050 were the green vacuum line goes what is that part called that goes from the manifold to the air intake i think i need to replace that whole assembly and i cant find out...
  17. F

i have a 97 ford explorer vin X 4.0 , i did a complete tare-down of my engion to just the block and rebuilt it from there, it dosent knock when i turn it over ( it sounds like it should ). i just cant figure out why it turns over but wont start, could my vacuum lines be placed wrong (i figured...
  18. F

Another interior lighting issue.

bad bulb or sounds like your wiring behind your light is bad.. take the light fixture out and check the connections behind it............hope that solves your problem
  19. F

Timing tensioner stuck...need ideas!!!

reply i used a Propane torch:D ,but be careful if you use an -----> Oxy-acetylene<------- torch because you can melt other parts of your engine very fast if you don't know what your doing and then your like holy:( .........!!!
  20. F

Timing tensioner stuck...need ideas!!!

might help heat up the bolt with a torch until red hot then use a drill bit smaller then the diameter of the bolt and drill into it about a half inch then go to lowes or home depot and get a pipe thread removal tool or an easy out and tap it into the hole while it is red hot now use vise grips...
Back