Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Downsize from 20" to 18" (Mastercraft Courser MSR) Winter Tire:Mastercraft Courser MSR Size: 245/60R 18 Rim: 18x8 Enkei EKM3 (gun metal gray) TPMS: VDO After a few adventurous slides through intersections (SW Michigan), I purchased a set of winter tires and wheels at Belle Tire. Belle...
  2. D

Rear Wheel Bearings Replaced

I agree. the noise was like excessive road tire noise.
  3. D

The sound was similar to the sound when engaging 4-wheel drive on my late 90's Jimmy and Z-71.
  4. D

There was a humming sound from rear of Ex over speeds of 40 mph. Ford Service replaced both rear wheel bearings under warranty. I am concerned about the reliability.
  5. D

Howling Noise

Ford Service @ Don Seelye Ford fixed the noise. Replaced the A-pillar mouldings as per TSB. Thanks for reviewing these posts.
  6. D

Howling Noise

My 2011 Explorer had a noise coming from windshield at highway speeds. Ford Service "replaced A-pillar mouldings as per TSB".
  7. D

Howling Noise

Windshield Howling Noise due to Wipers Vibrating?? My 2011 Explorer has howling noise that starts at 70 mph. The noise is intermittent but it was heard since brand new. After 2 years, got the idea to video record it using an iPhone. Reviewing the recording shows it comes from right side...
  8. D

Hitch Comparison

Purchased a Curt Hitch. Tucks tight to bumper and looks good. The item arrived in a few days and was installed by a Ford service tech the next day. It required 30 minutes to install so they charged the minimum shop time ($80). It was a good deal.
  9. D

Hitch Comparison

Re: OEM HITCH--The 2011 Ex does not have a simple option for an OEM hitch. According to the Ford trim technician, the 2011 rear bumper clip is now one piece and would need to be replaced to install the OEM hitch.
  10. D

Hitch Comparison

Looking for your thoughts on aftermarket hitches. I need to carry 4 bikes and I'm aware of the weight restriction at 2000#. Here's what i have so far. Internet searches for aftermarket hitches include DrawTite, Hidden Hitch, and Curt. All are class 3. My concern is the final appearance: How...
Back