Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. strawnoose

Fuel pump replaced...but

I just replaced a fuel pump for a 91 Eddie Bauer Explorer 4x4.Everything went as planned but I noticed the replacement pump had a different float.The old pump had a round float and the new pump was identical except for the float was more of a flat type float.After I filled the tank with 19...
  2. strawnoose

I am new to the Ford and 4x4 world.I joined this group in hopes of getting some new ideas and...

I am new to the Ford and 4x4 world.I joined this group in hopes of getting some new ideas and getting information for my 91 Explorer 4x4.I have many questions and feel like a fish out of water.I have just replaced a fuel pump.I've got some ideas but will need feedback from some of you pros...
  3. strawnoose

Stupid question.....

Thanks a lot for the welcome.I am sure I will find out a lot of useful information in your links posted.I am also glad to finally have a 4x4.My dream has come true.Can't wait to get into some trails and mud.:)
  4. strawnoose

Stupid question.....

New Question.... I plan on going to 31X12.5 tires.I want to do a body lift as well as a 4" lift.What is the ideal set up for these size tires?I don't want the tires to look to small in the wheel wells but yet fill it up without scrubbing the fenders or wheel wells and do not want to cut the...
  5. strawnoose

Stupid question.....

I got a new question.I want to body lift mine as well as suspension lift to use 31x12.5's with 15" rims.What is the ideal body lift with a 4" lift I could use for this size tires without them scrubbing the fenders or wheel wells?This all is unfamiliar territory for me.I didn't want to go to...
  6. strawnoose

Stupid question.....

sorry,5/16TH & 3/8http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Fuel-Line-Filter-Tool-3-8%22-Autocraft_9010302-P_N3491_T|GRP2083_____ These are the ones I bought.They not only are for fuel lines but air cond. lines and work on many makes,Dodge,Ford,Gm but just a few.I do...
  7. strawnoose

Stupid question.....

There are two you would need (not cheap) 3/16& 5/8 http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Fuel-Line-Filter-Tool--5-16%22-Autocraft_9010301-P_N3491_T%7CGRP2083_____ SORRY,5/16 & 3/8
  8. strawnoose

Stupid question.....

Sure.I could do both.If you're interested.Thing is when you use the tool the long end goes toward the wide end of the bell(i call it).You push in and pull the line and it's off.I am today going to reinstall the gas tank.:exp: I tried posting pictures on here but could not find the path to the...
  9. strawnoose

Stupid question.....

I also replaced the fuel filter with the same line wrench.I think I am going to like these 4x4 toys before it over with.I got all kinds of questions and ideas.:exp:
  10. strawnoose

Stupid question.....

Thanks,I did find that out one was a 5/16 the other 3/8 and was a snap to get off.I am glad I bought these two tools because I usually buy a tool I think I will never need again I always find a use for it again.It sure made the job easier.:exp:
  11. strawnoose

Stupid question.....

I just recently bought an Explorer, a 91 Eddie Bauer 4x4 and had to replace the fuel pump.I got the skid plate off fine and tank down and now having problems removing the two gas lines to the pump.Is there a special toll for this problem? btw.This is my first Ford and my first 4x4.She needs a...
Back