Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Parking brake cable replacement problem

Well, to answer my own question, in case anyone in the future has this problem, I ended up removing the clip, slowly spreading it open little by little then working it off. I carefully slid it back on after sliding it through the bracket. Definitely shouldn't have to do it like that, but after...
  2. H

Radio / Clock display problem 1998 and up Explorers ( blank / fade / blanks / fades )

Hi Can anyone tell me where to buy those blue resistors. I have seen places that sell the resistors in the correct ohm/watt range, but they aren't the light blue kind that were in the radio. Does that really matter? Are the light blue kind without the color bands different from other...
  3. H

Parking brake cable replacement problem

Hi Both parking brake cable on my 98 Explorer were frozen. I replaced the drivers cable in a couple minutes. Real simple job. However, on the passenger side cable I have had 2 cables brake while trying to install it. The cable itself did not break, but rather the 3 little "tangs" that stick...
  4. H

New Member intro

It's only a 6 cyl., but should be good on gas at least, or at least better than a v8. It is 4WD. There's a switch on the dash to go into 4 high or low. I thought that was pretty nice. Thanks for the link Rick
  5. H

New Member intro

Hi New member here. My sister in law bought a new vehicle and instead of trading in her explorer, she gave it to my son who is a couple weeks away from getting his license. So, it's a 98 Explorer XLT. The mileage is a bit high and it has a handful of small problems and one possibly somewhat...
Back