Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

size for cap style oil filter wrench

I have that one, but I also got the one that fits filters with larger (less flutes) flutes too since only the Motorcraft FL-820S has 36 flutes.
  2. D

Explorer Limited Wheel Center Cap?

Thanks Let me know what happens I'd be interest in them.
  3. D

Explorer Limited Wheel Center Cap?

We have a 2003 Explorer Limited and one of the black center wheel caps popped off see below picture. Where are they available from besides the dealer?
  4. D

Major Mileage Milestone!

Did you take any pics of the process?
  5. D

Drivers Power Window Issue

The front part of the glass looks to be loose when you roll it up or down.
  6. D

Drivers Power Window Issue

Last week I went to roll the drivers window down it made a popping sound and something fell inside the door and the drivers make lurching motion for a second or so, but then goes up or back down. Any ideas on what to look at first?
  7. D

How to locate hose leak in 2005 rear washer?

Our 03's washer hose separated in the engine compartment once (passenger side).
  8. D

2003 4.6 PCV part

Six quarts only gets our 4.6L to the middle between low and high.
  9. D

U-Joints

How long do the u-joints last in a 3 gen 4.6L 4x4 explorer? I seached, but did find much on u-joints. We have about 106K miles on our 2003 Explorer Limited 4x4 with the 4.6L.
  10. D

Painted my headlights today

Do you have a picture of how this hitch looks mounted on the front of a Explorer?
  11. D

Those with the squeaking Alternator pulley..

Could also be the bearing in the belt tensioner pulley.
  12. D

Heat only blows while moving or once car is 100% warm

Have you checked your coolant level it maybe low.
  13. D

Dyno'd my 2002 Ford Explorer

Cool I like your grill insert. Where did you get your grill insert?
  14. D

Rear end scraping noise when coasting

What shape is your emergency brake in? Mine was all torn up and it could make that sound and it would be less costly than a rear differential.
  15. D

Towing Brakes??

Another issue is if the tongue weight is at the maximum back of the Explorer sits down low. It may cause the hitch to drag or keep you from putting the tongue jack down to unhook the trailer.
  16. D

Reliability of V8 drivetrain

I have been doing some towing with mine and it has been ok so far. My trailer empty weighs about 2500 lbs. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414645 What amount of towing (frequency) are you talking about one weekend a month or are you going to tow this load every day...
  17. D

Windsheild Wiper won't Work

I would look to see if there is a circuit board in the wiper motor. GM did and the solder joints failed and the easy fix was to warm up the solder to reconnect the circuit board.
  18. D

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Tow Pig I got my F150 tow hooks installed this weekend too.
  19. D

Towing Brakes??

White Oak Load I towed this about 2.5 miles.
  20. D

Aviator = Explorer

Got a link to your answer?
  21. D

adding heated and cooled seats from 03 aviator

How do the Aviator cooled seats work? Are they part of the AC system or do they just have a fan that provides air flow?
  22. D

"Diesel" Motor Oil

Lots of diesel rated oil have both a diesel engine rating which starts with a "C" and a gas engine rating that starts with a "S". If a oil has a "S" rating why not use it? I use the Shell Rotella 5w40 synthetic oil in my lawn mower. Some common diesel oils are 15w40 and 5w40 IIRC...
  23. D

different kind of seat question.

Were you able to get this to work? The extra storage would be nice.
  24. D

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Where did you get the lights in your rear bumper?
  25. D

Has Anyone Changed Out the Filler Neck?

What part number is the part?
Back