Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

'04 Mountaineer Front end noise

it wasn't cheap, a little over $300 per side.
  2. M

Update. Rear bearings changed and mysteriously the noise from the front end is gone completely. All I hear now at highway speeds is the sweet hum of the motor and a little road noise from the tires. Those bearings must have been WAY worse than I thought to make the front end sound bad.
  3. M

Had it in the shop today and they said the front end noise was from the struts being bad. Now, I know they were squeaking but I can't imagine that would account for the growling at 60mph. Anyone?
  4. M

I've had front end noise in my mounty for going on 2 years. Started around 80k, have 120k now. Sounded like hubs so I replaced them at about 90k but the noise didn't go away, only sounded different and occured at higher speed (60+mph). Now it's getting so bad I can feel vibrations through the...
  5. M

Gas Needle

I had the same problem. Merc dealer said the float in the tank get gummed up and to use a good "industrial strength" fuel system cleaner. Worked like a charm. 3 years later it doing it again. Looks like I need another bottle
Back