Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Roof rack weight limit - can't handle two kayaks due to moonroof?

We had the same problem we had 2 up on our older version without the moon roof but then i saw the low limit in the manual and was worried about it. so i talked to my dealer who is a good guy and dosnt BS me, he said if your just in town at 40MPH not a big deal but if your in the highway doing 70...
  2. S

Phone as a key on an explorer

what's the chance of Phone as a key working on an 2020 explorer? seems like just a software on/off and the Lincoln has it
  3. S

Will pre 2016 Roof Cross Bars fit on 2016+ Ex?

will the bars from the 2015 work on the 2017?
  4. S

Apps for MFT. What apps?

shame non of us that have had you cars for a few years will ever see any of this
  5. S

Sirus / XM

i actually did this... the rep then went on to tell me how they feel they offer a much better selection than the internet has to offer, needless to say i canceled. LOL
  6. S

Did you pass on the Sport, but still want the performance?

not knowing much about tuning... what do i need to do to install this? (i driver a 2015 xlt with the 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 4x4 version)
  7. S

Ford A6 Navigation SD Card

A6 Nav Card i picked up a 2015 in late December 2014 and it came with the A5 installed, i now see A6 is out do we get a free update within the 1st year? or do i have to drop $150 on this update?
  8. S

Andriod Auto includes major car brands inc Ford

:D lol an update... :D i think it 100% safe to say we are all stuck with what we have, I'm guessing we may see another round of fixes next year to keep MFT owners quite while they work on switching all new units to something like this. For all of us that have financed ford with this project...
  9. S

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

so what version is this (i have no idea what that screen says)
  10. S

TV Stuff

Anyone watch almost human on FOX? they have a lot of ford in there... the real news is MFT still don't work 20yrs from now :P watch the show you will know what i mean.
  11. S

MFT "alert: tone distortion

yes so far that have... Run 4-5 full tests on all the wiring replaced the main computer (APIM) not sure what but they also replaced another part of the radio (but not the computer) replaced all the speakers (and a few of them a number of times) reset the system so many time i no long...
  12. S

hate to tell you this.... but thats what mine started with... I've been dealing with this for about 6months now and ford has NO FIX
  13. S

mines been on and off they think its an electronic problem vs speakers now. mine been doing it on/off for almost a year. I'm about ready to just get rid of this thing.
  14. S

My local dealer chased this for a long time, have them check your speakers they have swapped 5 out in mine as they have "torn/failed" i don't listen to loud music and one even randomly happened at the dealer while they were testing. they swap a speaker I'm good few a few months then randomly...
  15. S

U.S. driver safety group sues Ford over touch-screen systems

your 1) happened to me last winter too we often get -20F here and i had it reboot on me and i too had to pull over and wait for it to reboot so i could see where i was going. my wife have anther winter problem, again -20F the system rebooted while she was in a parking lot and locked up she...
  16. S

if you have a base and want new audio

http://www.woot.com/offers/ford-2004-12-direct-fit-multimedianavigation-1
  17. S

for those who want to upgrade base...

http://www.woot.com/offers/ford-2004-12-direct-fit-multimedianavigation-1
  18. S

Remote start smart phone app ?

i have astrostart in mine, hated the ford one due to such short range. had astrostart in 5 cars/truck never had a problem, tried 2 different ford starters in 1 in EX one in Focus and both didnt work for me. had them removed and astrostarts put in (i though it try the OEM ones one last time) the...
  19. S

My Black Emblems for Sport

mine looked great too, then winter hit up here, and they just fell off after looking great for 6 months :(
  20. S

Ford Developer Program

todays announcements? did i miss something?
  21. S

Battery Life

mine died for the 4th time today... having it towed to the dealer... never had this prob with batts in the past. anyone else had these kinda problems?
  22. S

Replacing Front Emblem

i had the black ones they were great, but as soon as winter got here they pretty much fell off. would recommend them at all, if you live anywhere in the northern 1/3rd of the USA
  23. S

NEW Problem with 3.51

dealer installed new update... now 2days later every time i start my car the audio is "off" i have to turn it back on (not a big deal) but the problem is that sometimes i cant get it to turn on. i press the "on" button on the screen it depresses on the screen but nothing happens, same if i...
Back