Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

fuel economy improving computer chip

I know nothing of chips. I've never even heard of one until today. Is there a chip that can significantly improve the fuel economy in my 02 Ford Explorer V8 with 159K miles? If so, what are the downsides? I drive 1K miles per week and need a break from the fuel prices.
  2. S

high mileage tuneup

thanks, I have the rear end fluid checked at each oil change and am told it almost always is good. Ideally, the leak would be fixed, but I don't see the harm in the leak as long as the reservior is topped off. Am I wrong? What about rotor and cap. In a boat, I'd change the rotor/cap...
  3. S

high mileage tuneup

My explorer has 159K miles on it. I bought it new so I'm fully aware of it's history. The transmission was replaced at 88K miles. The AC compressor was replaced around 50K miles. Knock on wood, since then, maintenance has been nothing but routine, preventative maintenance. Current issues...
  4. S

clicking in the dash....not the climate fan actuator

clicking in the dash...not the blend door actuator (I have that problem too so I know what that sounds like). my issue presented itself a few months ago. I'd get in to go to work, turn the key and nothing. This wasn't an everyday thing. It might happen once per week or once every other...
Back