Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Now that it's got some mods figure it's time to post up a pic.
  2. R

Interior colors.

I'm going to check that out now.
  3. R

Interior colors.

All I came up with is graphite and parchment. Build date on my truck is 06/2004. It's really odd because everything matches. You would think some parts would be darker if it was faded. I even tried searching Google images for my color and came up with nothing
  4. R

Interior colors.

Anyone?
  5. R

New England Explorers - Still Active?

I'm in ri anyone on here local?
  6. R

Interior colors.

Does anyone know if the explorer came with 2 different grey interiors. My seats are a very light grey. I needed a new seat and could not find any with the same color just a darker grey. I'm starting to think my seats are faded.
  7. R

CV shaft keeps popping out of differential.

Recently I picked up a 04 XLT. The other day I noticed the diff was leaking from the axel seal. Put it up on the lift and noticed the axel was not fully seated in the diff. So I used a pry bar and got the axel to sit back in the diff properly. But once again the axel has worked itself out of the...
  8. R

HELP!!!! Front Driveshaft issues!!

I just recently picked up a 97 V8 Explorer for $800. It has 159k on it. When I picked it up it needed a front driveshaft. There was none installed but came with a new one. It ended up being a for a v6 and did not fit. Finally I found a used one for a v8. Picked it up and put a new U joint on it...
  9. R

Rattle of death questions

I know its not going to be a fun job but i feel it would be worse to pull the engine seeing as i am pulling the trans anyway. When I baught the truck he had npt started it that day. Engine was stone cold and there was no rattle. Its got 231k on it so its been around the block a few times. I just...
  10. R

Ryan's 98 Explorer XLT

From what I can tell the truck had had those since day one. I think the truck was a special model from tasca. called the exciter or something like that. It has a light up ford emblem on the front and a few other things that point to that
  11. R

Rattle of death questions

So the other day my truck just randomly started making the rattle of death. Ive been reading alot of threads and decided to tackle the repair with the engine still in the truck. I was planning on dropping the trans anyway and bringing it to my school to rebuild. So today I started by pulling the...
  12. R

Ryan's 98 Explorer XLT

Whats up guys. Just picked up an explorer as project/winter truck. Found it in westerly for $650. Needs front brakes and a cat. Its a 98 XLT Sohc. Its got hi miles but runs perfect. So far ive washed, buffed, and waxed it. I still need to do the interior and some small exterior stuff. Eventually...
  13. R

New member from RI

Whats up guys. Just picked up an explorer as project/winter truck. Found it in westerly for $650. Needs front brakes and a cat. Its a 98 XLT Sohc. Its got hi miles but runs perfect. So far ive washed, buffed, and waxed it. I still need to do the interior and some small exterior stuff. Eventually...
Back