Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Timing belt tensioner?

Never mind, just found the problem.. The noise is coming from the bearings in the 3 month old alternator grrr.. Back to advanced auto it go's... thank god for the trusty pipe :)
  2. B

Timing belt tensioner?

Vehicle Specs: '01 Explorer XLT, V8 5.0L, Auto, 148,000k Today i developed a noise under the hood between the passenger side rocker cover and the cam syncronizer. Can anyone tell me if the tensioner is history or the cam syncro is failing or some other thing? So far it has no impact on the...
  3. B

Check Engine - P0340

Does the Motorcraft come with the sensor and alignment tool? I'm most likely going to change it because it's starting to squeal in that precise location.
  4. B

Check Engine - P0340

Thanks for the reply sonic, yea i just found it.. it looks like i may have to replace the cam synchronizer also. Is there anyway of telling if the cam synchronizer is starting to crap out?
  5. B

Check Engine - P0340

Gave in bought a new alt and threw it in, cleared the code and took it for a spin, so far no 340, cleared up the rough idle a little but still has a little hiccup. ill give it couple couple cranks on the key later to see if 340 comes back. Question? Where is the Cam Position Sensor? Is it...
  6. B

Check Engine - P0340

I just got a P0340 cmp a couple of weeks ago, the truck was running fine for the last 2 wks up until today the engine started running rough. Following this thread i checked the voltage at the battery and the alt. and found that the voltage is hovering around 14.00 to 14.20 and sparaticly jumps...
  7. B

testing the alternator

Oops sorry wrong thread :(
  8. B

HELP! EGR Line

Never-mind fixed the problem and went with a new tube, now she purrrrs like a kitty again :)
  9. B

HELP! EGR Line

Vehicle Specs: 2001 Ford Explorer XLT AWD V8 5.0L Hi, i just recently replaced the Pass side Exhaust Manifold and found that i am having a hard time screwing the EGR Line to the Exhaust Manifold Coupler. Is it possible that the stock line is incompatible with the new exhaust manifold...
  10. B

How to: Parking Brake Removal and Installation (with pictures)

Who sells the actuating lever for the parking brake?? For '01 explorer... I looked everywhere and can't seem to find anything. Mine was seized, i managed to get it out and pb blast the crap out of it but it looks like it had its days. It would be stupid to go to a junk yard and get one..
  11. B

New Radiator and System Flush

Just bought an '01 Explorer xlt a couple of weeks ago, i just started working on it today. I just installed a new radiator and started flushing the system with Preston flush when i ran out of daylight, my question is; i didnt get a chance to drain the radiator of the flush, would it be safe if...
  12. B

Hi!

I been following your forum for the past few days and find it very informative, thanks for sharing.... :) :thumbsup:
Back