Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Misfiring issue

Ok. Do you where this sensor is located? Thx
  2. J

Misfiring issue

All,. Seems I am having an issue with 02 explorer 4wd 4.0 ltr. engine, 78000 miles. The issue comes up when the vehicle has sat for a while and it has rained quite a bit. When we go to drive it, that is when it acts up. It runs fine with no issues when it is dry out or rains a little bit...
  3. J

2003 explorer p0175 code

Hi all, Have the v6 4.0Ltr engine 70k miles. Over the winter we had an issue happen twice in 4 months. The engine seemed to be misfiring badly and the service engine light was flashing which manual says is a misfire. Happened each time for a few miles sporadically then was gone. That was 3...
  4. J

2003 explorer p0175 code

Hi all, Have the v6 4.0Ltr engine 70k miles. Over the winter we had an issue happen twice in 4 months. The engine seemed to be misfiring badly and the service engine light was flashing which manual says is a misfire. Happened each time for a few miles sporadically then was gone. That was 3...
  5. J

ABS problems

Hi all, Just checking to see if anyone has any info they can give me on this. I have 2003 explorer limited I purchased from a dealer back in April. It was in for some wheel bearing issues back in July and Aug. that were making noise and the ABS light was coming on intermitantly once in a...
  6. J

2003 explore transfer case PM

Hi all, I have a 2003 Ford Explorer limited with 60,000 miles on it. I was looking at the maint. schedule on line and it looks like the transfer case oil does not need to be changed until 150,000 miles unless it is used for extensive periods towing, off roading etc.. I do use it to tow an RV...
  7. J

wheel bearing?

Hi all, Have a 2003 limited explorer with 57000 miles. Just recently found that when going above 50 mph there is a pretty noticeable hum while driving. If I sharply turn the wheel quickly it fades for a second. Also noticed a couple times the ABS light came on for a few seconds then went out...
  8. J

wheel bearing?

Hi all, New to this forum. I have a 2003 limited Explorer with 57,000 miles on it. Recently it developed a hum when you reach about 50 mph in speed. If I turn the wheel sharply and quickly it goes away for a split second then re-appears. Also, last nigh the wife was driving and noticed the...
Back