Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

cam chain casset

Thanks for the info - that's a great idea I'm considering - a used motor in working condition (for now) will get me a little more trade in value than the one making the noise it has now lol Although I really want to buy a new motor for it so I don't have to give it up. Side note: I...
  2. C

cam chain casset

Strangely enough I came to the forum to talk about this very issue which I am again experience today (had same problem about a year and a half ago) I love this truck - looks and utility - but hate the motor. Have had several issues (radiator, thermostat housing leaking twice). Now the driver's...
  3. C

What will replace your Sport Trac?

Glad to see this discussion happening. I love my 07 XLT - getting close 95,000 mi now. Hopefully it will last a very long time. I'd love to replace it with a 2010 Limited 4x4 and V8 but they are tough to find (and expensive) I like Honda's Ridgeline (their I said it). Then there is this... just...
  4. C

DID YOU KNOW our trucks shared some body parts with f-150

Sorry to revive an old thread and an old question. Looking at getting my third break light replaced - I can get one from an 07 F-150 According to this thread, it will fit, BUT will the 07 from the F-150 leak? Answer asap please - guy is holding one for me. Thanks!
  5. C

CD player making static noise

NOBODY!? C'mon... I tried spraying air in there, but nothing. Any suggestions/ideas at all???
  6. C

Buying an early gen 2 Sport Trac

Yeah, definitely a good link there. I've dealt with the majority of those on my 2007, so almost done I hope! haha! Thermostat housing was a PITA twice for me. I usually don't believe in 'extended warranties' but I'm glad I did with my truck - saved me a lot when my engine overheated due to the...
  7. C

Retrofit

Wow. Really amazing *adds 'do retrofit' to list of mods to do*
  8. C

CD player making static noise

When I play a CD it's making a static noise. Tried multiple CDs. Only does it in CD mode. I usually use the aux line in to play music but wanted to listen to a cd today so no idea how long it's been doing it. Had in shop last week for thermostat housing replacement but that shouldn't have caused...
  9. C

My 2007 Ford Sport Trac

Funny you should ask if it leaks - when it rains here (Mobile - just voted "rainiest" city!) and it does, it does NOT leak However the car wash I usually go to just did a renovation with new equipment and one of the sprayers must go at just the right angle because a little water does get in the...
  10. C

Thermostat leaking?

Could I replace just the actual thermostat and not the housing?
  11. C

My 2007 Ford Sport Trac

I like the tail light guards too...shame that the bull bar doesn't look great on our trucks... maybe just me... I've been wanting one. Might look better all black w/ black grill??? The chrome accents are not my taste but at least it's consistent on the truck. Mud flaps, tint and rain guards look...
  12. C

Thermostat leaking?

I think the seal is leaking. Any idea on how difficult or expensive? Or anyone experienced same issue? Thanks.
  13. C

Looking at getting a 2007 Sport Trac

Also I've had some problems within the first year of my 07 - possibly because it the the first year of that style - biggest was the trans. lines coming unplugged, hole in radiator caused overheating which caused some bigger problems - luckily I purchased an outside warranty that saved me big...
  14. C

Looking at getting a 2007 Sport Trac

Just throwing in my experience - wait for the V8 - as machine above said... I got my 2007 4.0 2 wheel drive with 67,000mi for a little over $16,000 Most STs down here in southern Alabama are the 4.0, but it is not uncommon to find a V8 so I REALLY wish I would have held out and saved up to find...
  15. C

Interior squeak

Had the same thing in my 07 XLT - it was the rear seats - where they fold down. I sprayed some WD-40 and that took care of it. I think it's come back though. Just my experience. Might be something else in mine too... I dunno...lol
  16. C

Hard shift into reverse.

Finally someone has my same problem. Yes - mine does this too (07 4.0 XLT) - sorry, but I still do not know what causes it although it has been less and less recently. Please check your transmission lines by the radiator whenever it jolts - every time mine jolted those lines slipped out and...
  17. C

New guy showing off

Very nice... all 3 but mostly the ST :) Sorry for the noob question, but I'd like to know the details on the: Smoked front and rear lights and the grill - did you mod those your self or order? Thank you - because that's the look I'm going for with my black 07. It's an XLT but I still love it -...
  18. C

Keep Getting Worse and Worse MPG

As mentioned above, driving habits make a difference. I've changed mine since my last post in this thread (not that I was a crazy driver before) and I am getting 14.0 now. I also had my oil changed about a week ago. And I am also driving several more miles a week now because my wife's car was...
  19. C

Keep Getting Worse and Worse MPG

Sorry to revive an old thread (but at least I didn't start a new one!) I have an 07 4.0 V6 ST. Until I read all the posts above I was thinking something was wrong with mine too lol - I commute only 9 miles Mon-Fri.... stop and go. and stop again type traffic. I'm lucky to get 13.2 mpg. If I...
  20. C

Blacking out my grill with Plasti Dip.

Anyone done this to a black Explorer or Explorer ST? Would love to see a picture before I do mine....Looks great on the OP's because it contrasts well with the factory paint color. Not sure how it would look with factory black though. Also has anyone with the XLT model considered using this on...
  21. C

Wanted Illuminated door sills

Woah. Those are sweet. Expensive but sweet.
  22. C

steering wheel swap

Nice look! Is the shifter from a Flex? Also are you able to still get to the lowest gear?
  23. C

Bad Squeak

December 2011 my 07 4.0 started squeaking really bad. My first thought was it was the belt. My mechanic said it wasn't but replaced it with a belt I had bought anyway. That worked for a few months until it started again. Seems to be worse when it's cold or just after it rained. Can't be the...
  24. C

Tail Light Swap

Very old reply to your much appreciated answer :) Thanks for clarifying and taking the time to post! (sorry for late reply)
Back