Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Hey Explorers! Please help me

Put your foot on the brake while pressing the drive button or reverse button.
  2. S

protective film on 2022 Explorer

Yes, covered the full hood, front fenders, headlights, door handles, top of the roof across the windshield and the back bumper at the hatch opening.
  3. S

Issue with Brakes, after starting Car

Give this to the service tech.....FOUND SSM 49011 RELATED TO CUSTOMER CONCERN OF HARD BRAKE PEDAL. REPROGRAJVIMED ABS tell them to look it up on their computers.
  4. S

Suing Ford for Lemon - Lemon Law

My God, I feel lucky! I finally got so pissed I just went across the street, literally, and bought a lincoln. Haven't had any trouble since. I had the 2020 Platinum for 2 years and it spent 90 days in the shop. I say, Keith, trade the clunker now while used car prices are high, buy another 22...
  5. S

Moonroof noise - seal

Just for the sake of comparison, My 2020 Platinum Explorer spent 90 days in the shop out of a total of two years. In all that time I never had an issue with my dealer, they returned my calls and emails and went out of their way to be cooperative. Larry Miller in Mesa, AZ had a loaner for me...
  6. S

Autostop eliminator

I think I'll just move on. It's not worth the hassle. I am saving money by not driving but the Auto Start/Stop thing just bugs me. Thanks for the comments folks Steve
  7. S

Autostop eliminator

This may justify a new thread, but my 2021 Lincoln Corsair will not allow the Start/Stop function unless the battery's static charge is above 12.6 or .7 volts. On the surface that may sound reasonable, but only if I drive the car 20 or 25 miles a day. I do drive almost every day but seldom...
  8. S

'CHECK HEADLIGHT SYSTEM' warning on Dash

I had the problem with my 2020 Platinum and it took several weeks for the dealer to get replacement lights. That was last November so they may have parts now.
  9. S

Brake Pedal

Here's the answer....take it to the dealer for the SSM 49011 fix
  10. S

FordPass Rewards points for new-vehicle purchase

I had a 2020 Platinum and the points came almost instantly. I traded for a Lincoln Corsair (long story) and have waited 2 months. I have spent hours on the phone and one of my complaints resulted in the dealer getting really pissed at me for giving them a bad rating. Yesterday, after having...
  11. S

2020 Explorer XLT & LIMITED heated steering wheel

I don't think it does unless you use the FordPass to remote start the vehicle. Not sure about the keyless remote. I suspect the last driver turned on the seats.
  12. S

Hello! Problems with 2020 Platinum

Peter seemed to be the one person without problems. I recently got so angry with my Platinum that I traded it for a Lincoln Corsair....and even got some money back. So far, we're loving the car/truck, whatever they're calling them these days. Size-wise, it's not an Explorer and storage is...
  13. S

2020 Explorer Issues - 4WD Fault, Pre Collision Assist Not Available, Service Advance Trac

It's a sensor on the front axle. It begins showing faults when oil leaks into it. Here's a copy of my repair order. 8617 212270A: .8HR 212270A 8HR 212270A 0.80 CHECKED FDRS FOR CODES, C0633 PRESENT. FOUND TSB 21-2270 RELATED TO CUSTOMER COMPLAINT. REPLACED HALFSHAFT SPEED SENSOR PER TSB...
  14. S

Typical Chicago...

What have you done to improve on the suspension noises
  15. S

Pirelli Scorpion Zero Tires - "PNCS"

It would be interesting to read the Workshop Manual section on this issue. I didn't read the SSM the same way... If the foam is loose, remove the foam and re-mount the tire. To me that means removing the loose foam, not all the foam, and certainly not the foam from all the tires.
  16. S

Deep Base Type Noise - Tires?

I'm wondering whether buying just summer tires (if there is such a thing anymore) with the foam pads would improve the situation. The foam versions are supposed to offer a much quieter ride. The tires on my 2020 Platinum self-sealing, which may contribute to the problem.
  17. S

As Peter notes, no issues with the Lincoln. I recently drove the Nautilus and there's a world of difference between that and my Platinum. We're seriously considering making the move to Lincoln, either through a buy back or a trade. BTW. it's Ford saying no, not the dealer.
  18. S

This is the most spot-on thread I've seen in the 18 months I've been posting about this issue, and others. Briefly, here's my feedback on the feedback: Pedro's description is an accurate description of my complaints. There are actually two sounds in my Platinum. The drum like sound, and...
  19. S

I just got my Platinum back from the dealer after waiting for a month for a variety of problems, but as to the base rumble, I now have a definitive answer to all my complaints, dating back to November 2019. Comment From: Ford Comment Date: Sep-14-2021 13:17:25 There is not additional...
  20. S

A Surprise Gift Card From Ford

I put a pencil to my generous gift. It turns out to be about $3 a day. Gee, thanks, Ford. My beast has been in the shop for three weeks...still in the shop.
  21. S

Missing Part? Firewall Insulation - 2021 Explorer Platinum

My 2020 Platinum is really loud under acceleration. Complaining didn't do me any good. Took a test drive in a Lincoln Nautilus recently...It's a different world, primarily because of heavy insulation everywhere under the hood.
  22. S

A Surprise Gift Card From Ford

Ya, me too, although my clunker has been in the shop for the better part of two months. Nice of them to offer the gift but it doesn't come close to salving the angst.
  23. S

FSA 20B19 Transmission Shift Hesitation

Here's the latest on the Platinum A TRANS-CST STS TRANS HESITATES OR STUMBLES WHEN DRIVING AND HARSH SHIFT. SEE TSB 21-2046 1 LIMZ*7A100*F CONTROL ASY TRANSMISSION (N/C) 12 XT*12*QULV OIL. AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (N/C) 7001D1 PID" RECORDER/MONITOR TEST WITH ROAD TEST LEA02 MO) CUR L: 6854...
Back