Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Epic emissions failure.

And the winner is.... 0 compression on #2 Don't know the exact cause yet but it doesn't sound fun. (or cheap) :(
  2. S

Epic emissions failure.

Clarification on the codes: Initial check was 111... Started it up, no code. Shut off and immediately back on, got 543 a couple times, then back to 111, which makes sense - the fuel pump was running, then stopped, triggering the 543, then it realized all was well and went back to 111...
  3. S

Epic emissions failure.

yeah we found the codes already. is it normal to get a different reading between under the hood and through the ignition? that doesn't seem right to me. I would think the codes would be the same no matter what method you chose.
  4. S

Epic emissions failure.

it's not even our state. it's two counties in the state that have emissions laws. i really don't even think we need it. there aren't many factories out here that put out emissions(unlike Illinois where i grew up) Canyon county and ada county in Idaho are the only counties in the state that have...
  5. S

Epic emissions failure.

So, I got my emissions tested today and it failed epically. CO was fine...HC was 2197 and the legal limit is 220. That was at 2500rpm. The HC at idle was 1177. Odometer reads 118685, so it's definitely got some miles on it. Spark plugs and wires are about a year old and just got an oil/oil...
Back