Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

high pitch sound after shut down

I have the sound in mine too. It is a transformer or solenoid that is still energized after shutting off the vehicle, probably some sort of delayed-shut-off accessory device. Just as with all electronic components like this, there is variation between them and some will hum and some won't...
  2. F

MFT Screen Removal

No problem. I hope your service was successful. The screen buzz made me want to strangle someone, but fortunately I haven't noticed enough issues relating to the other TSBs to have the work done by the hacks at any dealer nearby. The window streaking seems to have gone away after a few window...
  3. F

MFT Screen Removal

Sorry, I am really bad about taking pictures of things while I do it. I understand too - that crap was driving me absolutely nuts for months. It really is pretty easy though - here's a more detailed write up of what I did: Remove the two silver trim panels as follows. 1. Apply two...
  4. F

MFT Screen Removal

Ok, the rattle/vibration is gone. I just pulled off the two trim panels (the proper tools make this possible...don't know why I waited so long to get a nylon pry tool set), then removed the four screws to get the control panel/screen bezel/air vent piece off. There is one little wire...
  5. F

MFT Screen Removal

I am headed across snowy lands in our 05 Sport Trac so I will probably not get this figured out until after the new year but I will be sure to keep people posted on a good fix if I can deterimine one.
  6. F

MFT Screen Removal

Cool, thanks. I will give it a go this evening. I can push on the screen or pretty much on the plastic anywhere around it and it goes away. I will post my findings if I can figure out how to make it go away permanently.
  7. F

Highway MPG

That's about where I am at with my AWD as well. I am fine with it. This thing is a big vehicle and it gets about the same mileage as the 05' Sport Trac we drove before. Since my wife and I are buying the in-law's 2010 Fusion Hybrid next week, I am probably going to worry about the Ex's...
  8. F

MFT Screen Removal

Thank you, sir. So, again looking at the service manual, there are 3 clips for each trim panel? I guess I need to get some nylon pry tools since I was unable to get it by hand. Should I pry from the inside edge of the trim panel (toward the screen) or the outside edge (I was guessing from...
  9. F

MFT Screen Removal

Hey all! Does anyone know how to remove the two silver trim panels on either side of the MFT screen/controls? I have had it in the shop several times for a very annoying buzz/rattle behind the nav screen that goes away with a light touch to the screen and the service folks are probably...
  10. F

My Ford Touch - Rebuild PDF- Very detailed

I will be there and will see what I can do about pics if I can spare some time away from the refreshed Mustang. :D Unfortunately I will be going on a weekend so it could be insanely crowded.
  11. F

Vibration / Hum From The Dash

I have a rule to never buy a first model year. I broke the rule, and unfortunately none of us in the 2011 thread followed the rule, so we get to be the beta testers, I guess. I do hear and echo lots of the same complaints about having trouble with a near $50k vehicle, but I have heard of much...
  12. F

Vibration / Hum From The Dash

Yes, sir. Sadly, I have had a high-pitched vibration/rattle coming from somewhere behind the center dash for months, at any speed and at varying road conditions. It drives me insane, but I haven't tried to have a dealer fix it for fear of having them introduce more rattles by pulling the dash...
  13. F

Is BLIS integrated into the MFT software?

Hey all, I am kicking myself because I have become so reliant on BLIS that I didn't look over my shoulder like I always used to do, which is something I promised myself would never happen. Anyway, BLIS was apparently not working today and I nearly side-swiped a defenseless VW Passat...
  14. F

Hey all!

Hi everyone, I have been lurking around these parts since we got our 2011 Explorer and decided to join up today. Many posts have been of great help and most people seem very nice. It will be a pleasure being a member here. We currently have the following: 2011 Explorer Limited, White...
Back