Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

94 xlt 4dr with 2in lift

thanks for helping me understand it guys. my springs where really good actually. i did have an issue with the camber before i did the lift (assuming that was why my tires where sticking out like they do) i dont think i have an issue with the tie rods only the camber because they are pointed in...
  2. E

94 xlt 4dr with 2in lift

it raised the front alot. should i buy the asdjustable camber or will lesshwab have what is needed?
  3. E

94 xlt 4dr with 2in lift

im a sucker for getting things that wont work, its just my luck. i put a leaf in the back and i used the 2 inch spacers that go under the coil springs that raise the suv. i have it all done but i have toe out really bad! i read some guys page saying his 2.5 lift kit came with axle pivot drops...
  4. E

[PHOTO DIARY] First Gen Explorer Water Pump Removal in 10 Steps.

my 94 xlt for some reason "boils" when i park after i drive it. it boiled most of the coolant out yesterday and the coolant i put in before i drove again boiled out as well/ dad helped me and said its probably my water pump because you cant see the water having a currant when the rad cap is off...
  5. E

94 xlt check oil light is staying on

just like the title says this annoying thing wont come off, well some times. it will come on and off but rarely does it go off. i changed the oil and its a tiny bit over the perfect amount. could that be my problem? or if i have a bad wire connection which sensor would i check out?
  6. E

warn manual hubs

could you guys tell me what the part is called (auto hubs) that is on the spinndle and has the 3 teeth on it that "lock" in? mine broke and i cant afford maual hubs right now and the girl friend wants to go out this weekend. idk how else to explain this part. i hope you guys know what im talking...
  7. E

warn manual hubs

thank you Mark. i wish i didnt have to pay that much for the right hubs but i guess i have to. junk yard ones might be a bad idea right?
  8. E

warn manual hubs

hey guys. switching from auto hubs to manual. i got a new set of warn 9790 hubs from a friend. idk if they will work and havnt tried it yet. i know the warn website says other hubs like the 29071 kit. but these new locking hubs where free and i see they are for a small ford truck. like a ranger...
  9. E

probable cause for intense wobble during braking and turning?

yea i guess it kinda did lol but i did check the rods and everything and they dont seem bad. the wobble is very bad but if i gradually give it brake its fine and city driving is fine just one of those annoying things ya know? how much are rotors?
  10. E

that had alot of info man. but yes i can visually see the brake shoe pulsing and hear a sound from it. brakes feel good its just f your driving along and nearly miss your turn and and you press a little harder then normal
  11. E

i forgot to say i have done the tests like you told me to do. i had the hubs off and looked at all of it. its in good shape. no play when you pull and push on the wheels just a clunking sound from the back brake pad. but yea there isnt any play and i had a few off roading friends look at it and...
  12. E

well the nearest person i trust is 2 hours drive away. but im getting a tattoo tomorrow in the town that my brother-in-law lives there in that town and he owns a goodyear And said he will have the guys go through it for me
  13. E

thanks guys. and i have no other ride so i have to drive it. it does fine sometimes like when goimg around corners. and if i have people in the explorer with me then the wobble is gone. dad felt the hub and said they shouldntbe warm? dont they get warm because they are right with the brakes...
  14. E

my 94 xlt will shake and wobble like crazy when you are braking from 60+ and if you turn the wheel to the left it wobbles worse then turning it to the right. i noticed a clunking sound as i was going down the drive. i went back home and jacked up the xlt. on the driver side whhen i spin the...
  15. E

94 xlt auto hub makes grinding sound when engaged

i tried getting under the explorer while it was in park and i spun the shaft only to hear the grinding sound and no lock up. (this was after i noticed the grinding in 4x4) when i engage 4x4 the shaft wont spin like it should but that doesnt make sense of the grinding sound. and when i was...
  16. E

Rear Differential FLuid Change

sorry to take this topic but i too need to change the fluid in front and back. how do i do it? whay fluids do i use to refill and how do i refill?
  17. E

94 XLT, need to know about front bearings/hubs

not the same issue any more. i found out it is the yoke to the driver side that is bad. please tell me if they are easy to replace. or any info about them. dad looked at it and said this was the problem not wheel bearings
  18. E

low range on a 94 XLT

well i did some more reading and found out you have to push 4x4 first then low range. duh... haha thanks for the help!
  19. E

low range on a 94 XLT

firstoff my name is Uriah, im new to the forum and im new to SUV vehicles. i read about 4low needing the tranny to be into neutral for this to engage, but i try that and the 4low lights do not come on. 4x4 comes on just fine. when i sit in the xlt and have the key to on position and push the 4x4...
Back