Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Camshaft options

Carb isn't an option. A thought I did have was the 94-95 5.0 mustang computer would do well provided if it's capable of controlling the 4r70w
  2. K

Camshaft options

Exhaust I have figure out somewhat. I work in a full on fab shop so I'm going to copy a set of Ford racing headers for it. I know they aren't the best but torque monsters are just to much money. What can we really do about the pcm? I could always just run an A9L mustang mass air computer and...
  3. K

Camshaft options

I wasn't aware the explorer computing was suh a hold back. The trans is what it is. I know enough about ford automatics to make them strong but just its nature it's going to be a weak point. Now the 4406 t case helped a lot rather than the awd setup. You really notice the difference removing...
  4. K

Camshaft options

I wasn't aware there was that big of a difference. I'm not trying to sink 10 grand into a 4 bolt main, aluminum head, forged internal monster. I just want a quick stop light to stop light truck What's your recipe for 300hp with one of these engines?
  5. K

Camshaft options

Thanks guys, I planned on using a mild cam. I just want to move my power range a bit. I feel like anything after 3 grand it falls off. I planned on doing valve springs while I was in there just due to mileage on the new engine. I've seen that gear before but wasn't sure it was needed. I will...
  6. K

Camshaft options

I am reviving the 5.0 in my ranger (97 explorer engine). I've found a few cams with the specs I want but no where says if they are compatible with the cam sync setup. I will be tuning it so that's not an issue but I don't know if the gears will work and it seems no one has an answer for me
  7. K

2nd gen front hub assembly conversion?

AVM makes a hub kit. It's around 150 bucks last time I checked. It's simple to instal
  8. K

Swap or no

Ah I didnt know that. But I have ZERO experience with an SOHC motor
  9. K

Swap or no

The rack should be, the radiator is not. The 5.0 has a heavier one in it
  10. K

Swap or no

Do you want 4 doors or two? thats what it boils down to
  11. K

Ranger Owners: Show Off Your Truck

just found this thread The day I got it The second time the engine let go (first 3.0 spun a bearing, Second one died from a wiring issue). So I replaced it with this
  12. K

Finally Sold My Explorer...Time for a New One

my ranger? its nothing special. Built to look like it rolled right off the factory line that way. just with alcoas, leather seats, full center console, 5.0, 4406 swap....blah blah blah
  13. K

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

Imagine what you could do with 10 year old parts!......... oh wait? they suck lol
  14. K

Help Ranger won't start,electricals dead

Did you replace the fuse on the side of the power distribution block? I am sorry but your post is hard to read.
  15. K

Rebuilding a 2nd gen Explorer with a 1st gen rear clip

I have the same question but for the opposite reason. Id love a 1st gen body on a 2nd gen 5.0 platform
  16. K

Help Ranger won't start,electricals dead

Pats only kills the fuel injection system. It will crank and crank but wont fire the injectors. If you have lights/radio/heater/ect.... Then its alone in the starting system. Does it turn over at all?
  17. K

Thats always a big worry when I sell any vehicle of mine. Specially one Ive got a decent amount of work into
  18. K

This may be the only time in my life I say this but.... I am extremely jealous of a 15 year old girl right now lol
  19. K

98' 5.0 Explorer exhaust manifold swap question?

No due to the engine compartment your only options are stock or the torque monster headers. Regular manifolds wont clear the steering shaft
  20. K

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

I can see why you put it back to stock lol. Clean is mean!
  21. K

questions about 5.0 swap

Try and find a 2000 and up 4r70w. They had some internal upgrades that helped. As far as exhaust use 5.0 explorer down pipes and build from there I will be the first to tell you that using an 86 is going to cause you some headaches as the front dress is not for an explorer. They had special...
  22. K

5.0 Sport Trac Lives

97 mountie into a 98 ranger. Didnt want pats. Had to run my own fuel return line though My speedo issue is one of its own. Bounces after 45mph. replaced vss twice, changed diff fluid, changed ABS piece under the hood, Changed speedo in the dash, Only part left is the module under the dash
  23. K

5.0 Sport Trac Lives

Thank you! I never saw that transducer before. Maybe thats why the speedo is nuts on my ranger. I didnt use it on that swap
  24. K

5.0 Sport Trac Lives

Ok I skimmed this thread. I am familiar with a 5.0 swap as Ive done one in my 98 ranger (pre pats). My question is the wiring basically. I would be going 97 or older to avoid PATS and running a return line to the tank. Worked perfect on my ranger. Are there any surprises I should watch out for...
Back