Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

1992 Explorer XLT No Start

Opened the fuse box, tapped the eec relay lightly a few times, SES light came on and she fired right up. Gunna order the part tomorrow and just keep tap-tap-tappin' until it gets here. MrShorty, you da man! I am seriously gracious for your help. Thank You.
  2. I

Thanks so much for the suggestion MrShorty. I have a Haynes manual at home with a wiring diagram. I presume the main EEC relay would be underhood in the relay/fuse centre eh? How do I verify if the relay is closing or not? Thanks in advance!
  3. I

Truck will crank but will not turn over. Problem was intermittent for a week now it's dead as a doornail. When problem was intermittent truck ran fine, then 20 minutes later wouldn't start. Then 4 hours later it would run fine again. I noticed that the SES light does NOT come on when key...
  4. I

1992 Explorer XLT WARN Manual Hubs

Thanks for the helpful advice Mark. To save myself from getting destroyed by mosquitos I skipped the L/R hub swap and did the other test you suggested. I put her in 4WD and did NOT lock the hubs then drove around; there was no noise. That pretty much makes the hub itself the culprit eh? Mike
  5. I

1992 Explorer XLT WARN Manual Hubs

Hello all, Experienced DIY mechanic with zero experience with 4x4 hubs of any type. Here's the scoop: truck is bone stock aside from WARN manual hubs on the front. With hubs unlocked and xfer case in 2WD, no noise from the front end. With hubs locked and xfer case in 4WD, there is a loud...
Back