Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

O.E. style replacement Rockers for Gen 4 (06-10) Explorers EDIT - Update 6-27-2021 See post #3

I ordered the O.E. style rockers for a 2002-2005 Explorer, and they look like they will fit 06-10 Explorers. I won't be performing this repair until Fall 2021. My guess is that the 06-10 models have additional holes for weatherstrip. Although I didn't confirm 100%, they look like an exact...
  2. B

O.E. style replacement Rockers for Gen 4 (06-10) Explorers EDIT - Update 6-27-2021 See post #3

I just bought my second "Gen 4" Explorer 3V V8 to replace our last one that now has 250K on it. The new one (2010) will need the rockers replaced, but the rest of the truck is solid, and in great shape. I was wondering if anyone has successfully used 02-05 Explorer O.E. style replacement...
  3. B

Rust Problem

I know it's been two years, but I'm in the same boat. Do you happen to have experience trying them? I can shape metal pretty well, so if theyre close, it might be a better starting point. I'd love to hear the difference if you know off hand.
  4. B

2008 rust repair on the rear arch

We've owned our 220K mile V8 since new, and it's time to address rot issues. Both sides have rot on the forward side of the rear arches from dirt collecting at the door cladding. I can find the repair panels I need for the 2005 Explorer, not 06-10. The two look very similar, and I'm hoping...
  5. B

Newbie with a problem 70 MPH Whine in dash

Problem Solved The noise is related to the windshield trim. Over time, mine opened up enough of a gap to allow the wind to produce a distorted whine sound, that is very similar to a wheel bearing. I discovered the sound would change pitch, in sync with the wipers, when placed on high. It...
  6. B

Cory, I'm an old Ford Tech, and prefer to work on my own vehicles. This sounded no different than the 100 or so bearing assemblies I replaced in the past, and would have bet it was the issue. I have the old hub as a spare, and I'm sure it will be put to use in time.
  7. B

Hello Forum! I own a 2008 Explorer limited, and am getting a whine between 70 and 80 MPH. The noise exists both in gear, and neutral, as long as you are traveling between 70 and 80 MPH. When it began, it sounded as if it was coming from the front left side, and was much quieter, almost as...
Back