Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

3rd dual cooling fan?

Because it had been over a year (15 months to be precise), and I have over 50k on my car they didn't want to cover any of it. After many conversations with Ford, the agreed to pay part of it. However the person I was speaking to refused to admit they know of any issues with the fans. When she...
  2. G

3rd dual cooling fan?

I just had mine replaced for the Second time. I've had it since May 2011. Just had them replaced for 2nd time in 4/13. They made me pay for it. They have now said they are going to reimburse me but I haven't gotten anything yet. ford ales acted like they didn't know there was a problem.
  3. G

WTB New Explorer- Have concerns

The jeep also gets pretty bad gas mileage. I know several people who own one and with the 8 cylinder, are lucky to get 15 mpg. I guess if you have to pull something all the time that's a negative you will have to deal with. For me, that's difficult to take on a vehicle that is no where near as...
  4. G

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

The only thing I have noticed is in the navigation screen, up in the right hand corner where the buttons for dest. Mute are, where you touch is off.
  5. G

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

I've had the upgrade now for 2 weeks. The dealership did it as mine was a 2011 early build. I have had pretty much no problems. The system is much faster and more responsive. The only issue I have had is controlling my bluetooth audio from the steering wheel controls. I don't know if that's a...
  6. G

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Got mine installed at dealership during an oil change. Wait if you want too, or take it in. It's free!!! And yes they put a new nav card in as well. Who cares if it comes in the mail. I love it!! Faster
  7. G

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Had both A-Pillars replaced today. All noise is gone. My build date was 2/2011. If that helps
  8. G

1,100 Miles and MyFord Touch Already Dead

I purchased my Explorer in May. It now has 14,000 miles on it. It had MFT 2.8 and I updated it to 2.11 when it first came out. MFT has never been perfect for me, constantly resetting, one day it knows my phone next day it doesn't. I have times the screen won't turn off and then finally it goes...
  9. G

navigation system on limited a real disapointment

I had a 2008 ford explorer that had a 2010 updated disc in it. It was far superior to the new 2011 x I traded it in for.
  10. G

When a Ford representative called me, they said the Nav Card wouldn't be updated for a year to 18 months unless enough people complained about it. They acted like I was the first to complain. As far as all the gliches in MFT, I'm afraid they will just need to gut it and start over.
  11. G

I agree. I traded a 2008 Explorer that had Nav on it. I had purchased an updated disc in 2010. That disc was further ahead than my new 2011 Nav is. I had a lot of saved points on my old car that don't even exist on my new one. Very disappointed. My iPhone is much better. Heck my old car was much...
Back