Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Stereo options (Sound quality)

I have learned that the XLT's sound quality really shines through best when streaming bluetooth, using USB, or audio CD. Otherwise, without the HD radio, you cannot tell how good it is... and it isnt HD radio unless you go Limited.
  2. R

Squeaky Front suspension

We took ours in for all those issues above^ but got the car back and they were all still there smh....... Honestly, why cant they get it right the first time, let alone tell you everything has been fixed but nothing comes back that way? I love the car....a joy to drive, but every a-pillar rattle...
  3. R

Amazing Gas Mileage on 2013

love it while it lasts...when i first got mine, which is a '11, it averaged 22 for the first week.....but ever since the average as been stuck at 19.... :(
  4. R

Great mft update !!!

i agree... its just a breath of fresh air isnt it?
  5. R

MFT - Solution

wow. just wow ford.
  6. R

Loading wallpaper 2012 explorer

Yeah it has to be at the correct crop ratio they give you in the details.... I forgot though...
  7. R

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Everyones' is happening at high speed. Mine is happening when I drive over certain rough areas of road, like cracks, crosswalks, gravel, etc. You can also hear it when a song's bass is very loud. If boom boom pow were on, it would sound like "rattle rattle pow".... It's annoying. Some days...
  8. R

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Has anyone sat in the passenger's seat when hearing this sound? It comes from the dashboard from that seat, but when you move to the driver's seat, it comes from the right a-pillar....
  9. R

Stereo options (Sound quality)

The bass on the XLT MyFord Touch audio (8 speaker) sounds like it has a subwoofer, but it doesn't. It is perfectly fine for me. VERY deep bass.
  10. R

MFT Screen Removal

I really wish you had taken pictures of this process... that same rattling is about to make me go insane...
  11. R

2012 Explorer Gas Pedal Vibration 1200-1500RPM

In mine it vibrates at a slightly higher rpm range than the first poster, but not only can you feel it in the pedals, you can feel it in the floor all around the driver AND passengers' sides...... Ive gotten used to it, but people in the back notice it, too...
  12. R

SPEED BUMPS and SQUEAKS

Mine is about to drive me crazy.... I Love The Car, but this sound is about to kill me. Mine is coming from deep inside the dash or center console. If you sit in the passenger's seat, it sounds like it is coming from the media hub compartment, but when you move to the driver's seat, it sounds...
  13. R

2013 Explorer ...

Man I feel ya..... I really wanted buckets, but like the iPhone, you can never have one for long enough before it gets better...
  14. R

MyFord Touch Does't Like My USB Drive...

Yeah, sorry that's what I did. It all works now, but for some annoying reason, when I am playing through all the songs ("Play All"), one song will play perfectly, then the next song, when it is supposed to start playing, the system says 'Corrupt File, Cannot Process Media', somewhat along...
  15. R

Oh, yep its good... [Thread Closed] *Please....haha
  16. R

they are .mp3, not .MP3........ Does that make a difference?
  17. R

I've put together a collection of music that I would like to listen to in the car. I fully formatted the USB, and converted all of the music to MP3. I put the music on the USB which I called "Storage". When I put the drive into the port, I wait a few, and then try selecting USB under the audio...
  18. R

My Ford Touch - Rebuild PDF- Very detailed

Great. I hope the download will actually work after my last attempt with 2.11
  19. R

Another 2.11 update, went well.

The funny thing is the whole system has been working fine if not better than before the incident. I do keep getting emails from syncmyride to confirm the istallation, but of course it says one didnt even happen.....
  20. R

But what is the fault? Is the halfway downloaded file still on the MFT database? I did the Master Reset hoping that would delete any fragments so I could start over from scratch... but no.
  21. R

I need HELP!!!! I tried updating my system to 2.11 tonight, and being stupid I didn't read the instructions.... The screen had already shown the Installing Service Pack screen, so I left it for a while and came back to a black screen, so I thought it was done... It wasn't. I ejected the usb...
  22. R

Anyone try the Mazda CX 9?

The Mazda is a totally different-feeling car. Just tap on the accelerator and you are gone. It is a VERY torquey engine. That said the only real advantage the Mazda has over the ford is its motor..... I went with the X
  23. R

Vibration on smooth pavement?

This happens on ours sometimes...
  24. R

Just brought home our new Explorer

Didnt meen to post that ^
Back