Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

cruse control problem??

The easy thing to try first is to remove your steering wheel. Clean the circular copper contacts re-install wheel. Did it to mine and worked like a champ. Took about ten minutes.
  2. C

My 92X and $8K

:us: Well, just to give everyone who gave me some input an update. The wifes jeep GC just turned 100K and I had to sink more money than I care to think about in it. Really, it would make you sick. But I havn't given up yet. For what she pays a month for gas(and now upkeep) I'll trade that...
  3. C

Best size tires for gas mileage?

I believe that it doesn't have to be the smallest tire, but a "skinny tire". You will have less rolling resistance. I think thats how it was explained to me before.
  4. C

Rear Door Window Motor Removal

Why are y'all removing the weather strip? All that has to come off is the door panel.
  5. C

92 lift question

Appreciate the information. I did search on this site. Sometimes just can't get the wording right. I have read a lot about doing the different lifts but could not find an answer on the difference. I havn't had a lifted vehicle yet.
  6. C

92 lift question

OK i've used the search feature and can't find this information. What is the difference between the James Duff 2.5" lift kit or going with spacers and shakles. I want about two inches lift then I'm going to add a 2" body lift. But I don't want to cut to many corners, and the way she pulls to...
  7. C

Rear Door Window Motor Removal

If I remeber right they are not together. There are about 6 rivets you'll have to drill out(I'll check later). I removed my rear window regulator to rebuild it about three months ago. I have a board holding up the window currently :D Oh,and the with the window all the way up there are two...
  8. C

Colorado Bound

I'm thinkin about the 2" lift from james duff and a 2" body. I really like it up there. It's where my wifes family lives. In fact shes up there visiting right now with the kids. I probably start job shopping on about 6-8 months Oh, I think I have your twin X. Same color and I was going to...
  9. C

Colorado Bound

:us: OK, I'm finally getting ready to start working on my X. I'll be moving up to Longmont next year and I'm wondering what would be a good set up for that area. To go camping, trail riding and stuff. Here we're just concerend about getting through mud. Never crawled around rocks.
  10. C

Cruise Control Issues

OK, here is how I fixed my Cruise Control. Remove the steering wheel. A few screws on the backside remove the center part, then you'll need a steering wheel puller. with the steering wheel off you'll see a bunch of "circles" The strips are brass I belive. clean them all with a cleaner...
  11. C

My 92X and $8K

OK I've tried to search for a link about this swap but I can't find one. I really need to go to an auto. I have bad knees. This sounds like a simple solution. I decided I really don't need the V8 as my wifes Jeep G.C. has one and it's a 4x4 also. I saw where someone bought a new motor...
  12. C

My 92X and $8K

I appreciate all the input. Why put that much money in a car with 200K miles? It's been paid for for a LOOONNNGGGG time, and I really like it. I would like a suspension lift because I am planning a move to Co. and would really enjoy 4wheeling in the mountains. I need to change so many things...
  13. C

My 92X and $8K

Ok let me ask a question. My wife told me to look at new cars :thumbsup: , but I don't want a note. So I figure if I spend about $8K on my 92x(4x4almost200Kmiles) It should be pretty cool. It's currently a five speed, which needs to go(knees can't handle it anymore) I'm asking for...
  14. C

Converting the Electric Transfer Case Shift Motor to Manual

Ok, got a idea. What if instead of something you had to turn to switch it you had a level.... work with me on this. Lets say on the front of the center console you had a lever that pointed up. that would be neutral. if you pushed the lever left(down) it would be 4Hi. or if you pushed it...
  15. C

Converting the Electric Transfer Case Shift Motor to Manual

:D How about some pics of it mounted and of how it works in the interior. I would have thought that it would have required more "torque" to turn it. I'm a Boilermaker, but I work with a bunch of fabricators I'll see if they can come up with something. This is great since I still havn't...
  16. C

Just wanted to thank everyone.

It's just that sometimes people here are pretty harsh on "newbies".
  17. C

Just wanted to thank everyone.

But on the other hand, if everyone used the Search Feature there probably wouldn't be many new posts. I'm sure buy now just about everything has been discussed. I don't mean this to sound bad but i'm sure it does.
  18. C

Discount tire reviews explorer policy

My friends around here have never had trouble with getting larger tires mounted. I was going to get larger tiers on my X and the store even tried to figure out what size would work good with a 4" lift(the lift is coming one day)
  19. C

94 XLT remote start

I didn't think that they made remote starters for standards. for liability reasons I thought. Thanks for al the information. I'll probably try this on my X then on the wifes Civix(also a standard)
  20. C

Need help in Houston(Webster)

I think Webster is South of Houston. I know when we went we took the Beltway south. Avoided 610. Thanks for the info she can find out if its close enough for her.
  21. C

94 XLT remote start

I'm going to do it myself. I like doing what I can. I've seen systems here at Sam's club for under $100. Thought it would be nice to also have a remote for my power door locks
  22. C

'91 4x4 electricals

Heck, I might give that a try tomorrow. Rebuilt mine twice and still nothing. Might as well have a two wheel drive
  23. C

94 XLT remote start

92 XLT remote start Ok, I tried search and was unable to locate any info. I would like to put a remote start on my X, but it is a standard. Can someone tell me which system is the easiest to get around this problem. I do not have any alarm right now so this would be a fresh install.
  24. C

Need help in Houston(Webster)

Not sure where to post this. A girlfriend of my wifes is new to Houston(Webster). She was told that the rear axle seals were leaking bad and need to be changed asap, along with some other items. This was at a lube shop. Can someone help me out with a good decent shop to send her to there...
  25. C

lower radiator hose

Update Well I just had time to change them. I think the top one was still good but I figured it was time. Well the bottom one had a spot worn through due to rubbing on the power steering pump. When I installed the new one I just made sure it was turned a little bit off before tighting it...
Back