Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Warranty claim after coverage (only just) expired?!

So to update, yes my issue has been resolved. I've spoken to a few people at Ford, Crystal being one of them.
  2. A

So that speaks to the date the warranty goes into effect, but not the mileage. I was looking at the warranty terms and I didn't find any verbiage to state warranty miles would be 36K above what the vehicle was delivered with.
  3. A

That's an interesting point. Doing a little research shows that some manufacturers like Kia actually count warranty mileage from the delivery mileage. I have to read thru the Ford warranty terms, but my car was delivered with 124 miles on the clock. Thanks Crystal, PM on the way.
  4. A

Curious if anyone has any experience with this here. My wife's Explorer clicked over 36,000 miles this week. Problem is, I had planned to work from home today so I could have the dealer look at a persistent CEL, as well as a flaw in one of the door panels. She didn't pay close enough...
  5. A

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Found the package in my Northern NJ mailbox today, and since the car was due for a good bath I took the opportunity to clean it out while the upgrade was running. Took about 45 minutes to complete, and so far I'm very happy. Screens look better, everything is MUCH faster, and in my tinkering I...
  6. A

Factory HID's

I was leafing through the user's manual recently, and there's an example of what the beam pattern of a halogen equipped Explorer and a Xenon equipped Explorer look like, and they do throw off a different pattern. They're both projector, but it would appear the projectors are different between...
  7. A

3rd Row Dome / Cargo Light Stays On

I'm going to give it a try today. In a few of my previous cars the map/reading lights would go out automatically on a timer if they were accidentally left on when the car was not running. Our previous family car, a 2008 Odyssey, did not have a timer and on a few occasions the kids left the...
  8. A

It's not so much the switch, but the circuitry behind the interior lighting in general. I haven't tried yet, but if you leave the lights on inside the car will they remain lit until someone hits the switch or will they "time out" and go off after a period of time (assuming the car is not running)?
  9. A

Sirius Signal Drop Out

As both a BMW and Explorer owner I'd attribute this to Sirius and not Ford. There are places where our Explorer will lose signal while the BMW doesn't, but then again there are plenty of places where the BMW loses signal where the Explorer doesn't. We listen to satellite radio almost...
  10. A

Just had that happen to me - bloody thing doesn't shut off if the doors are open/interior lights are on, so I had to close myself in just to turn it off. My kids had a really bad habit of leaving the lights on in the back of our last car, so I see this as becoming a problem over time.
  11. A

Sirius Signal Drop Out

Agreed - I've got Sirius in my BMW and now in our Explorer and both tend to drop signal going under an overpass. I will say though that Sirius seems to suffer from this more than XM. Our previous cars had XM in them and they seemed to maintain coverage better.
  12. A

Factory HID's

The difference between the halogen housing and the HID/xenon housing will be different optics and the addition of the high beam actuators. With halogen headlamps, the low beam and high beam are two different filaments in the bulb. With xenon you don't have multiple filaments in the bulb or...
Back