Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

It's been a pleasure being a member of this site.

One the lot for $35k means they will sell it for $31k. On the lot for $32k means they will sell it for sub $30k. If they decide to sell mind, I bet they list it for around $35k and sell it for around $32k, which means they made $2k on it. Plus it will probably sit there a while.
  2. H

Obviously private party and retail will be higher than trade in, but the fact is that there are a lot on the market now, so value is lower.
  3. H

I went to 4 different dealers over the last few months, all were within $1,000 of each other on trade.
  4. H

A huge loss of money. No one is offering good trade on them. Tons of people are dumping them and the resale value has taken a huge hit. A vehicle with a sticker price of $49,700 lost $19,700 in value in 10 months and, 15,000 miles.
  5. H

Good luck to all of you and I hope that Ford fixes all the little issues that have plagued all of us over the years. This is the new ride, it's a completely different type of beast. Will add one thing, this will actually stop itself at all speeds to prevent hitting the car in front...
  6. H

looks like I'll only have the explorer for 2 more days

I didn't think it's covered under Ford's warranty, it says "see dealer for limited warranty information".
  7. H

There are no Ford factory dvd systems. It's all a dealer add on accessory.
  8. H

Child Safety Locks

The locks still work, they go up and down. But the inside handle is disengaged.
  9. H

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5AXC3yP-rc
  10. H

Nothing major, just constant nagging things like various rattles, the AC issue, MFT glitches. Plus the 3rd row is useless. No way to get into it with car seats installed, plus I have the buttons disconnected because I was constantly hitting them while loading the car up. Easy access to...
  11. H

Test drove the Infiniti jx35/qx60 this afternoon. Was really nice, quiet and smooth. Trying to figure out pricing, but I'm picking one up tomorrow for a 24 hour test drive. The sliding 2nd row is a nice feature, and being able to access the 3rd row without taking out the car seat is...
  12. H

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

I uploaded the files http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3184931&postcount=53http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3184931&postcount=53
  13. H

MFT v3.6 rumor?

Here is the file, zipped. Extract all 3 and copy to root of flash drive. http://db.tt/DUz6sqTR
  14. H

MFT v3.6 rumor?

give me a little while, making it into a zip and will upload it for you Edit, it's 561 megabytes, gonna take a while to upload, at least a few hours.
  15. H

Foul Smell in Cabin From Vents / AC

When I picked up my car from the dealer thursday night, the smell was gone. However, it's now back just a few days later. I ordered the kool-it kit on amazon, 2 actually. Does anyone know where the tube is to spray it in to? I am also going to spray some lysol in the intakes in the...
  16. H

Rattle in '13 Explorer

That should be an easy fix, just get some foam insulation with adhesive on one side. Home depot sells it in the weatherstripping isle. Apply in different ways until you get it to stop rattling.
  17. H

GPS Connection Delays

I get an instant gps lock 90% of the time
  18. H

Leaving in parking lot for 15 days - best way to save battery

+1 to this, was going to be my suggestion.
  19. H

Coolbulbs All-In-One 6kk HID's (heads and fogs) in my 2013 Explorer Sport Review

Do they make a 4300k version? Would get them for my fogs to match the stock HIDs and for a little more output from the fogs.
  20. H

MFT v3.6 rumor?

Was told today less than 2 weeks till upgrade available.
  21. H

GPS Connection Delays

I asked today at my dealer about update for gps module. They said OK. Picked up car at end of day and it said, "check status of sync, new update available in less than 2 weeks" Come on, I said gps module, not sync update. I really hate car dealers.
  22. H

It's the auto system. I've been driving for almost 20 years now, and I've never owned a vehicle that had a smell like this before, and I've been driving vehicles with auto climate for probably 10 years now. My wife's Acura is 5.5 years old, and the AC works perfectly and doesn't smell at...
  23. H

Just replaced the cabin filter, smell is just as bad.
Back