Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Any cam allignment pics? 4.0l sohc

Well 99% done as of 30 minutes ago. no no no no! You got me all wrong. I only used the wrench on the area that is flattened for the wrench to be used not on the actual lobe. Just like the area where the yellow arrow points to. Alot of overhead cams come with these in order to do what I did and...
  2. J

Well I removed the bearing caps as I stated before. then i turned the cam to the angle specified earlier in the thread. using a crescent wrench to hold it in position I slowly and evenly tightened the cam caps to 53.5 in/lbs (with oil tube removed for now). Then leaving the crescent wrench in...
  3. J

Yeah I hear ya! I dont really have the time to wait for the tools to come in so Im gonna give it a try and be very carefull. I guess we'll see how it goes. If nothing else I can always remove the heads again and do it with them off the engine right? i just dont want to restretch the bolts. how...
  4. J

timing position after heads installed? I just installed my heads and read the part in the manual that says i need this stupid tool just to set the cams. I know that there's another way so after looking at your posts I have a couple questions: So what you guys are saying is that I need to...
  5. J

"Going to paint it Black"

Yeah man i suggest a couple primer coats but its not a must. just helps it bond better. but make sure you do light and even coats like Midnight Rebel suggested or else it will not dry evenly and you could encounter runs and have to sand it all over again. :D
  6. J

Thermostat housing replacement

Wow glad i didnt have to go that far! only had to do the thermostat but there was still very little room for that venture! and who the hell decided to make a high temp housing out of plastic. yeah yeah it was tested under high heat conditions but who cares its still destines to crack. I'm in...
  7. J

Upper ball joint came out of spindle, pictures explain it all !!!

Well the design is very piss poor to begin with if you ask me. This is the reason that the old school spindles attached the way they did. You could hardly remove them on purpose. I know this doesnt really help you but the bolt has to be a certain thickness and tinsel strength for it to last...
  8. J

02 crazy electrical gremlins

Well i agree that changing the battery will fix the problem but only temporarily. I'm on my 3rd battery in 5 years and i think it has something to do with the wiring or mudules themselves. the first battery was in the truck when i bought it and went out after 2.5 years of my use. Then i bought a...
  9. J

"Going to paint it Black"

painting interior parts. Midnight Rebel has the right idea but there is a plastic cleaning detergent that is sold at most autozones and Oreilly auto parts stores that will work much better. I believe its made by 3M but its been a while. simple green has chemicals in it that dont dry out evenly...
  10. J

New Gorilla on the block!

Hello Guys! Livin In Phoenix and had my Explorer Sport Trac for almost five years now. Almost got her paid off so lookin to customze. Lookin to do more of an urban customization since I am in a car club and already have a unibody '63-F100 for my off road fun. Some of the major things I am...
Back