Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Finally just gave up.

My wife said AWWWW! Is LuLu a haveneese? we have a 6 month old havenese (Cutie) and they have a lot of common features. the other dog is a 11 1/2 year old pomeranian (Precious). I got the havenese because the pom was starting to slow down and act all sickly... I was trying to prepare a...
  2. S

Finally just gave up.

I'll put the mini in the left 3 spot and then peel off at my exit ;)
  3. S

Finally just gave up.

I know right! But for a family of 2 with 2 dogs < 6 lbs each we just don't need all that space. The one time we had it loaded down, was well, because we could! not because we needed all the extra luggage. We're only planing on 1 child for many different reasons, so the Cooper S Countryman fit...
  4. S

Finally just gave up.

After looking over the 2013 Explorer I feel they finally got it right. I was at one of the larger dealership networks in this area. When they could replicate the problem they were great at fixing it. There was just a lot of things that were the nature of the MFT that just couldn't be duplicated...
  5. S

Finally just gave up.

I finally just gave up on the explorer. even with the most recent MFT update there were just too many issues that I just got tired of dealing with. Ford literally wore me out on keeping a list to take to the dealer only to say they couldn't recreate it or some other thing. So I traded the bloody...
  6. S

Odd question

Would anyone feel comfortable shooting me a private message who have successfully gone up against the big company and one and received some 'satisfaction' on moving on from the explorer? I don't even know where to start (Other than I'm tired of dealing with all this junk.) and I'm afraid I...
  7. S

Unexpected high odometer

I'm I am not the only one who thinks there odom is racking up miles faster than the ones actually driven. I haven't done any GPS, known approximate distance checking. I drive a lot but I've never put more than 16k a year on a car... Definitely going to happen this year.
  8. S

TSB's

Interested in that one and 11-9-12 CREAK NOISE FROM FRONT BUMPER - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 9/6/2011 that one.
  9. S

MFT Owners willing to Beta test

Agree'd. What they're doing now is FINE for the first round of testing, but there needs to be a 'non control' beta test with end users. I call the Ford employees a control group because well, they are all Ford employees, and there feedback could possibly be less reliable as they fear some sort...
  10. S

MFT Owners willing to Beta test

So how is this different from the original process? Are there any instructions on things for them to test? Because no two/three people use a car the same way. As a systems integrator/UI designer myself, I've learned something intuitive/functional for the husband and wife, may be easily broken...
  11. S

Looking into purchasing a 2012 Explorer, have some questions regarding MFT

I test drove a non MFT edge while trying to decide if I didn't want MFT and i didn't even put it in drive. The biggest advantage to having MFT for me isn't neccesarily the center stack so much as the right side of the instrument cluster. I'm looking forward to the new update though because I...
  12. S

Oil Change interval

i had gotten to almost 8k with 30% left on the monitor - but was already at the dealership so went ahead and had them change it.
  13. S

Winter complaints

sgt... I was referring to map lights.
  14. S

Winter complaints

I could dig more light in the cargo area. I'm about to start LED swap outs on my interiors.
  15. S

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Cory, I noticed a weird rattling sound I had never noticed before... Turns out it was loose change in the armrest ;) But seriously, i couldn't have enjoyed the 160+ miles I drove today more than I've ever enjoyed it before because I didn't have 3.2kHz whistle coming from my windshield. Yes, at...
  16. S

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Just got a new windshield (on my insurance co's dime) at the same time they performed the TSB for the a-pillar noise and something else that a CSR who Cory had contact me pointed them towards on my Oasis report. Tonight on my drive home, I didn't notice the whistle anymore. Will be curious to...
  17. S

Neighborly Connection

Got my Ex back today. Windshield whistle seems to have gone away. Only problem is going to require a follow-up is my rear-view mirror is looser than I feel it should be. Like it vibrates on rougher parts of the highway. Should be a quick fix.
  18. S

Neighborly Connection

Guess that sounded worst than it really was. I had 3 rock chips that turned into cracks that were irrepairable and were below the safety line. Dropped it off today 'course they didn't the parts right away but that's my fault for not brining it back to them as quickly as I should have after...
  19. S

Neighborly Connection

Cory I'm actually taking it in tomorrow. I need a new windshield thanks to some lazy dump truck driver who didn't put a net on his load so they're going to replace the windshield while the a-pillars are off for the TSB on the whistling windshield that should be on my oasis from the original...
  20. S

Neighborly Connection

The last 2011 explorer I talked to (Today at Whataburger) approached me pointing at the windshield area. "Hey does yours have a whistle at like 60MPH and higher too?" lol - probably not how Ford intended to bring America together.
  21. S

Feed back from watching the new MFT youtube video.

personally i wish they'd make the font easier to read the temp/time on the main cluster display. but yes, I typically look to the MFT screen for the temp/time as it's font is easier to read there than on the cluster. Did they take away our custom bg photos?
  22. S

New MFT on its way!!! (and headed to existing models too)

Did they take away our ability to have custom backgrounds? I really liked have a custom picture on the screen, with just the song info in the corner.
  23. S

MFT - Complete Rebuild- January

It'd be nice if they'd let some of us help them beta test it as well. Since we'll be the ones living with it for a while!
  24. S

Boat Towing.

in most states it is illegal to power load onto the trailer, doesn't stop people from doing it. What it does is basically dig a whole at the bottom of the ramp and in the long run can make a ramp very unsafe. So using the boat to push the truck up the ramp would be an extensions of power loading.
  25. S

Odometer

its a computer screen. Why wouldn't it just add the digit?
Back