Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Exhaust Piping Question!!

i cut off the muffler and put on the glasspacks where the muffler was and ran duals out the same side in front of the tire...only had little 8 inch glasspacks
  2. B

another 33"" fitment thread

well unfortunately for me the truck and its high mileage (204k) was getting pretty high for me so im trading it in next wednesday for an s10 with a 350ci corvette motor and 700r4 tranny with a tahoe rear end in it...looks like im gonna have a good base for a pro-street kinda truck:thumbsup: but...
  3. B

they look pretty good but i have a torsion twist and lift shackles on mine now and soon to get a body lift...i wonder if 31s will still look good...?
  4. B

well the thing with the tires is i gotta buddy thats got some that he doesnt want with about 80% tread left and giving them to me for $300 so i figured thats pretty good for some 33s...like i said i have a lift already i guess only need rims...craigslist had some wrangler rims on there that were...
  5. B

my wheels are only 15x7 so i guess thats a no...but i already have a lift bought just need to install it...wanted to buy tires so the stock ones didnt look small and stupid on there...dont have a lot of money for rims though.
  6. B

thinking about buying some 33 x 12.5 x 15 bfg km's.......will they fit my stock rims??? 99 explorer xlt 4x4....i dont think they will but im hoping im wrong
  7. B

Next Uprgade?

wow looks real nice! real clean!...i was thinking about doing the same thing lift wise, and with the bumpers.
  8. B

Next Uprgade?

wow thats a great write up thanks for the link!
  9. B

Next Uprgade?

how did you do the one touch down passenger window? it sounds like a good upgrade, especially since i always ride with my windows down haha.
  10. B

Next Uprgade?

Alright, I have a 1999 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC....200,000 miles. Since i bought it in late July I've put LEDs under all my door handles, LEDs in my roof rack, and put a decal on my windshield. I have 8 inch cherry bomb glasspacks on the way for true duals and some turndowns. After I have those...
  11. B

Exhaust Piping Question!!

Okay, Im soon going to cut off my stock muffler and put on glasspacks. The glasspacks have a 2 1/2" inlet but the stock piping is 2 1/4". I need to know how to make that fit. What size adapter should i buy?...i need inlet and outlet sizes on the adapter.
  12. B

Cylinder behind muffler on 99 4.0 sohc??

i wanted the 5.0 but as of right now i cant afford too much gas haha
  13. B

i thought it might be a resonator...in about a week im going to change my stock muffler anyways but i wanted to see what it would sound like without it.
  14. B

There is a cylinder i want to say about 7 inches long a few inches behind my muffler on my 1999 explorer xlt 4.0 sohc. I wanted to know what it was and if i remove it if it will set any codes?
  15. B

Pictures of my explorer

So there it is
  16. B

Pictures of my explorer

This is a 1999 Ford explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC 4X4 with almost 200,000 miles. It has its issues but its running strong. I bought some stuff for it and will have pictures up soon on this post.
  17. B

Squeaking in the front end.

alright cool thats what i thought. do you think i should replace them?
  18. B

Stalling during idle and very low speeds.

Alright ill try that and let you know how it turns out. The cleaner wont hurt the engine any?
  19. B

Stalling during idle and very low speeds.

'99 explorer 4.0 SOHC automatic 4x4 almost 200,000 miles. I just bought it and love it so far...drives great...squeaks a decent amount on the front when i drive but great ride and pretty good power. It will idle at about...maybe 750-850 rpms for maybe 30 seconds right after i start it but any...
  20. B

Squeaking in the front end.

Ok so i just bought my first vehicle, and its a 1999 ford explorer xlt 4.0 SOHC 4x4 with almost 200,000 miles on it. Its a great truck and will have pictures up soon but when i turn side to side it squeals... even if im sitting still...and it squeals when the front of the truck goes up and...
Back