Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Tranny removal nightmare

Girlfriends car - she used to live in Hawaii and drive it down to the beach. Bet she would park it in the water and just so happened that when she turned the car off.....the flex plate and TC landed in the same position exposing those two bolts to salt water......hmmmmmm.....assumption up!!!
  2. M

Tranny removal nightmare

Update - used the air hammer and new chisel bit so I would get a good bite on the nut (which happens to be on the flywheel so you don't even come close to damaging the TC) I put the pressure up to 120 lbs and within a couple seconds of hitting the nut in the direction of spinning off the TC...
  3. M

Tranny removal nightmare

This is awesome, usually forums in the past have not produced so much feed back. Very much appreciated Keep em coming, I packed it in for the day and will have to dig out the air hammer tomorrow or maybe a sears trip, wart remover....all good stuff....anyway, I have a few hours until I start...
  4. M

Tranny removal nightmare

Liking the sound of this so far.....thanks for chiming in
  5. M

Tranny removal nightmare

Yeah, I tried the cold chissel but it didnt work, Im thinking the torch is too dangerous and Ive never had any luck with penetrating oil. The air chisel sounds like it may work. I have new TC so im not concerned about the old one with the welded bolts on it or the nuts obviousely I can get new...
  6. M

Tranny removal nightmare

5.0L, auto tranny (should have said flex plate in lieu of flywheel) Thanks for quick response
  7. M

Tranny removal nightmare

So ive been here done that but a long time ago when the internet didnt yet exist. My problem is this and Im thinking Im not the only one who has encountered this problem. I am removing the transmission and replacing it on my 98 Mercury Mountaineer 4x4 all wheel drive. Everything is going as...
Back