Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Annoying charging system message and beeping

Alternator Have your alternator checked. Sounds like the brushes could be going bad. Saw the same thing on a 2001 crown Vic.
  2. T

2002 Explorer. My 5R55W lost all gears after replacing the solenoid block & fluid.

Just a thought You could try re installing the old solenoid block and see what happens. it could at least tell you weather the new block is the problem or not. I had a remanufactured solenoid block from sonnax puke on me after 2 months and about 1500 miles. Good luck brother!
  3. T

$50 Brush guard

Would you guess my front bumper is a rattle can spray job with no clear on it!?!?! Looks aight for a drive way paint job! LOL
  4. T

$50 Brush guard

Ive gottt Plans!!! I have plans to do a 3" body lift, new wheels/tires. New coils and struts. Ive got the rear end shudder so I need new clutch packs for the rear end. 12k HID for the head lights. Yellow HID for the fogs. Black billet upper and lower grille. Im gonna upgrade all my suspension...
  5. T

$50 Brush guard

Well Thank Ya! Thanks guys! I do plan on some hid lights for the brush guard. Havent decided wich way to go yet. I like Ronins set up. But Ive seen a bunch of great light set ups on here. Thanks on the paint comment! I took my time and im happy with it.:thumbsup:
  6. T

$50 Brush guard

Alrighty then Well I guess no one likes my $50 brush guard. Its cool, at least I only paid 50 bucks!:thumbsup:
  7. T

$50 Brush guard

So I got this brush guard off Craigs List for $50 bucks. It had no mounting brackets, and needed to be sanded and repainted. My friend and I made the brackets from a even heavier guage steel than the frame of the truck. I will take pics of the brackts if anyone is interested. Took 2 coats of...
  8. T

Random hesitation, feels Like tranny but not near shift point, only on takeoff

If you have done all that, try this.. How old are your coilpacks? Might be the coil packs if they are original.
  9. T

Cruise control wont turn on......

Cruise control fuse Just a thought... Did you check the cruise control fuse? Start with the simple first!
  10. T

Need Help With A Big Project...

4x4 control mod Big Rondo has a great how to for the 4x4 pcm. Its located behind the glove box. plug and play deal there.
  11. T

Anyone do this fix for spark plug blown out of head?

Tip for the heilcoil insert When you go to tap the the new threads, you dont want any metal shaving getting in your motor... So grease up the tap with any type of thick grease to catch the metal shavings before they fall into your motor! It works! Ive done it!:thumbsup:
  12. T

How to inspect timing chain / guides

Guides Seems unlikely that the guides would go again. But if they did, the cost would be about the same as replacing the chains, as the guides and chains come as a kit. Its also the same amount of labor to do them both. Id check your injectors and your pulleys, the idler pully in particular...
  13. T

Coolant is disappearing...help

4.6 Im guessing you have the 4.6 v8. That said, Ive seen old return hoses that go to the overflow get a crack in them and the leak will run to the area you are talking about. Just a thought. Might look there first.
  14. T

4.6 tapping noise

Guides You can buy the timing chain kit for around 200 bucks. It seems very unlikely that if u had them replaced a few yrs ago that they would have gone bad again. Unless the engine has gotten hot on mulitple occasions. Or you never chainge the oil. Wich I also doubt is the case. clogged...
  15. T

HELP! No heat/ Overheat

T stat temp I got a stant 195 deg T stat for my 4.6 v8. It was same as O.E. Im not shure what engine you have but 195 is what goes in the 4.6.
  16. T

HELP! No heat/ Overheat

Here it is So I pulled the lower rad hose, and slush came out... My Anti freeze failed! 50/50 Ford motorcrapt, crap! That and the Thermostat was bad. I changed the coolant and the t stat and vwalla! Heat and no overheat! However, I found a small black piece of plastic under the t stat when I...
  17. T

HELP! No heat/ Overheat

Its cold! Ima wait tell it warms up now before I do anything. It a whopping 8 degrees outside now! Im missing work for the day so I guess Ill just look at the possibilities and go from there.
  18. T

HELP! No heat/ Overheat

Thanks Boom! Yep coolant was changed when I replaced the radiator last summer. It was a 50/50 mix. It was a mix of the motorcraft antifreeze and peak antifreeze mixed with water. Thanks for the reply!
  19. T

HELP! No heat/ Overheat

Ok so... Ok so I checked the oil. No smell or sign of coolant. So dosent look like a head gasket or crackd head. The coolant looks funny thoe, kinda off color. Any ideas?
  20. T

HELP! No heat/ Overheat

??? Anyone got any ideas? I need to be able to fix this ASAP! I need to get to work! Many thanks in advance!!!:roll:
  21. T

4.6 tapping noise

Timing chain The timing chain guides are know for wearing out in these motors, and when they do, they make a very similar noise. Had mine go bad at 154,000 miles. You can pull the valve covers off to inspect the timing chains and guides.
  22. T

HELP! No heat/ Overheat

So i went to go to the store on this lovely 7 degree morning here in Michigan. Let my 02 V8 limited warm up as usual when its cold for about 20 min. got in, it was still cold inside, heat wasnt working. Decided it wasnt but a few miles to the store and went omw. Just as I got to the gas station...
  23. T

Rear Suspension Toe Link Ball Joint

Toe link Moog Part #s So I fig out that moog has both inner, and outer toe link parts. Inner link part # ES800560 Outer link part # ES800651 Just ordered them from my local auto prts store. Hope this clears up having to pay out the @ss at the stealer ship! :salute:
  24. T

Front Sway Bar Bushings: Which Ones?

Do NOT buy I bought the energy suspension sway bar bushing kit. had it on the truck less than 30 days, took it off road one time and they both bent! Took them back to advance auto, and got my cash back! They are cheap POS! :thumbdwn: Went with MOOG, they are just fine.
  25. T

Freebie - 4x4 control module

If you still have it I will take it. Just lmk how you want me to pay for shipping! Thanks!
Back