Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Check Your Fan Blade!!!!!

living in a rather hot climate i needed more air over my engine so i added extra electrical fans on, but i didn't feel like replacing the motor driven one. i just stuck two pushers onto the front of my radiator. (manual radiator though, it's a little smaller)
  2. J

Busted Head Gasket

so my head gasket is out also, i was wondering if my head is really bad, i think the gasket went out this weekend, have only driven the truck twice since then. unfortunately it's my only vehicle and my heavier duty tools are in a different city, if it is a bad head i wouldn't have too many worse...
  3. J

trans/transfer mount gone bad

it doesn't virbate to the point where i can feel it in my seat, but i can feel it in my feet, i took it to a friend who knows way more about cars than i do and he said i should check my ujoints, and sure enough the front one was completely shot. driveshaft is at a shop now getting fixed, and...
  4. J

i checked the truck today, i'll upload a pic of my RA bushings in a second, however i couldn't get them to budge no matter how hard i tried, i could wiggle the transmission just a little if i really tried, but while i was lying under the thing i realized that one of my bell housing bolts is MIA...
  5. J

how would i check if it's the RA? also thanks for confirming on the trans mount, i wasn't thinking it could be too involved but sometimes the simple things are the worst
  6. J

thank you for that link it had some good info, but as far as i can tell, it's my transmission or transfer case mounts that have gone bad, not the motor. i found one thread talking about how someone had replaced theirs, but that's about all it said, didn't mention the difficulty and such
  7. J

so my truck has been making a clunking sound for a while now, and at first i just assumed it was nothing, but now it has gotten quite bad. other drivers can hear it now, which i find immensely entertaining, but i feel like having a bad mount is probably bad, so i took a look and i couldn't...
  8. J

Check Your Fan Blade!!!!!

they all crack, it's the heat cycles like corkey said. replaced mine for other reasons and the new one is already showing signs.
  9. J

How long does the Explorer live?

250000ish/19/13158 per year. no idea what the service record is, but i've changed all fluids, hoses, u-bolts, and some electric fans
  10. J

Seafoam Engine Cleaner

i ran the whole can through the sc, maybe that's why it smoked? every time i've seen it run through the vacuum it's put out tons of smoke, but also the whole can got run through it.
  11. J

Seafoam Engine Cleaner

If you run it through the vaccum system it'll smoke, through the fuel system it doesn't because it all gets burned with the gas. However i put it through my '92 and i think it made it run better. I have yet to run it through the vaccum lines due to the amount of smoke.. last time i did it (on a...
  12. J

lightmachine build

a bit stuck with the light rack for now... when the old one got ripped off it also took the stock running boards with it... now i dunno how to go about putting my new one on. any ideas?
  13. J

Bilstein Shocks Rock

try telling them it's a ranger. most places don't exactly agree with lifting/modding explorers. *cough*discount tire*cough*
  14. J

lightmachine build

figure i may as well start a thread for the build i started on my truck. gonna be going slow for a while due to lack of time, but yah. for starters there's how it looked when i bought it my new light rack after i ripped the first one off the first night how she looks with the rack -...
  15. J

window motor problem help

pretty sure it's the bushings in the motor if you can hear it trying to put the window up. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233353 that's for the first gen, but i don't think the window motors are any different. might be wrong though
  16. J

lifting a 92 ex sport

mmkay. i don't know too much about this engine if you couldn't tell. i'm more used to chevy(yah, i know) small blocks. thanks for the help so far by the way.
  17. J

lifting a 92 ex sport

i doubt it's been rebuilt, but i was considering doing that when i've got the time and space to rip the thing apart. did you just get stock replacement heads, or aluminum? and i haven't noticed my coolant disappearing, but that may have something to do with blowing 3 of my hoses on the freeway...
  18. J

lifting a 92 ex sport

i missed their business hours today, but if someone has ordered their 5.5" lift is it possible to just get the parts needed for the lift, ie springs extended arms, etc?
  19. J

lifting a 92 ex sport

2 pushers. Just your standard electric fan from oriely. The superlift is what i was gonna go with. Even if i got it i wouldn't be able to install it until december due to uni. I'll consider a JD. Mainly i want to fix the overheating
  20. J

lifting a 92 ex sport

Mmkay. I'll look into other causes, but the body lift is still gonna go when i get my suspension lift. With the 3" and my light rack i have to avoid parking garages. And the duffy lifts look nice, but they are slightly above my price range. I have the kit i want picked out, and also want to do...
  21. J

So, What's Your Favorite-Latest Mod?

i know welding isn't a common skill, but i welded up a light rack for mine after i ripped the first one off.. haven't put the new one on yet since i ran out of time, but once laborday rolls around it'll be on that's what it looked like without the mounts, lights and paint. in all it took me...
  22. J

1st gen with 4.10 gears??

i'm not sure if it's stock or not, but my truck has a 4.10 in the back. it's a 5speed sport. i find it unlikely that the guy who sold it to me would have been able to successfully swap in a rear axle without breaking something else though.
  23. J

lifting a 92 ex sport

right now my ex sport is on a 3" body lift, and i was gonna swap that out for a 4" suspension lift, due mostly to the fact that it overheats way to easily. with the body lift my radiator sits too high, and after installing 2 elcetric fans as well as a larger stock fan i still can't make a long...
  24. J

window stuck down

i'm new here too, and you might want to make sure it is actually the motor before you spring to replace them. i replaced both my passenger and driver motors because both windows had gotten stuck down. this worked for maybe a month and now both windows are stuck down again. replacing the motors...
Back