Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Beautiful bumper Tom! I'm in the process of modifying my rear bumper sides to extend to the wheel well like yours. Also need to do some modifying on the front bumper as well.
  2. J

Why would "THEFT" light stay on?

Anyone? I have to disconnect and reconnect my battery, and cycle my keys to get it to start every time.! Dealer says that has never happened before...go figure..and wants 100$ plus to look at it. After a day the theft light flashes normally. Is there a sequence of things I need to do? Any help...
  3. J

Why would "THEFT" light stay on?

Did you ever figure this out? I replaced my starter yesterday, and after reconnecting battery, I started the truck to verify it was fixed, and immediately shut it off...three seconds later I tried again, and lo and behold the theft light and dash lights went dim, and clicking under dash (pats)...
  4. J

'95-01 4x4 Longtravel install

Wow! Very impressive! Nice job! Out of price range this year...so I guess when people start selling there coilover conversions to go with setup, I will buy theirs until we can commit to this amazing setup!
  5. J

Problems with 2nd Gen one-piece CCFL Halo install

I cannot answer this question, BUT I did have some trouble at first with the eagle motorsports halo hid/projector kit. The ballast for the HID did not have a battery and ground wires or relay built in...although admittedly this is only my 2nd HID kit, and Im not well versed in this, but My first...
  6. J

Front coil over shocks?

we have 6 kids...thankfully the 19yr old lives on his own, amd 11yr old not home fulltime...4,5,10,15 yr olds are daily but still..lol..had an Excursion 7.3, but now the Explorer..thus the need for a 3rd row seat. trying to get simple things for the truck sometimes have to be budgeted, and...
  7. J

Front coil over shocks?

as far as I know..the only coilover shocks that will fit are Fox, (and similar) none of the manufacturers make coilover overload style shocks for the front of our trucks, prolly due to control arm and axle interference...now with that said...you could do a search for coilover conversion and have...
  8. J

Front coil over shocks?

Are those bumpers that heavy that you would need extra shock muscle?
  9. J

302+M5OD+4406=21MPG and :)!

Im running 31's now, and will not go larger then 33's. good info to know on the possible donor truck parts. maybe I can get lucky enough to snag the 4406 and manual all at once! thanks all for the inspiration!!:thumbsup:
  10. J

Rlc welding front bumper installed!!!!

Thanks bro...I have the wider factory fender flares, but I must say..IF I went with RLC bumpers, I will want the sides extended to meet the wheelwell opening a lil better. I love the overall design, and will maybe have a couple minor changes made...ie; bumper ends meeting wheelwell opening, and...
  11. J

Crazy 3rd row idea...Will it work?

workin on it...have the pics, just never got around to setting up the offsite picture holder accounts
  12. J

Crazy 3rd row idea...Will it work?

I have a middle row seat from a 2001 grand caravan with built in child seats. I cut down the factory steel mounts, and added bracing under floor of ex, and is forward facing. works great, kids love it, and will serve its purpose without having to go out and get a minivan, or sub, or another...
  13. J

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

beautiful fit!...wish 2nd gen bumpers fit the wheelwell opening like that!
  14. J

Rlc welding front bumper installed!!!!

could you post a profile pic of the front bumper and far the sides come to meeting the lines of the wheel well? We are looking at front, and swingout tire carrier rear, but Im one that wants the side plates meeting the wheel well opening for a cleaner look.
  15. J

302+M5OD+4406=21MPG and :)!

AWESOME!!!! When can we expect a write-up?? THIS is on my long term to-do list! 4406 is first, then strongly considering 4.56's a manual would nix the 4.56 gear swap though...I cannot stand an auto except for old school 3spd autos with driveshaft twisting shift kits.
  16. J

RLC winch bumper installed

Ive been looking at these for awhile as well as his rear bumper with tire carrier. My truck has the fender flares, so I think the bumper design and width will flow better then without the flares. I also dont like how the bumper ends dont meet the wheelwell opening better...makes it look like...
  17. J

Supercharger or Stroker for Towing?

Great info on the 4.10 sourcing!! thanks!. I am running 31's currently, and for sure will not go over a 33. After owning a Durango, the best MPG mod was gears...same ratio.(4.56) I had plans for TM headers, but to scarce, so 4.56, plus the fact I also will have heavy bumpers, and already have...
  18. J

BODY MODS (old skool style)

awesome idea, and agreed on structure re-enforcements! Thanks!! Not that Im gonna go start today, but at least I now have more of an idea to plan.
  19. J

BODY MODS (old skool style)

beautiful metalwork!!!! Any idea how hard it would be to create a "raised roof" area where the the roof rack would normally be ala durango or xterra? Only reason I ask is that I installed a 3rd row forward facing seat with built in child seats, but when they get bigger, or the older kids cant...
  20. J

Supercharger or Stroker for Towing?

First I think I would have went with( and I will be going with) 4.56 gears These aod's love to shift early, and build heat. In your situation, IF you had the coin, I would do gears ...again..ugh! sorry but I would, then build the trans (only because I dont see it in your sig of whats been done?)...
  21. J

5.0 Exhaust Thread

not sure, but I believe I have heard it on youtube. I plan on removing rear cats soon with my dual glasspack set-up and see if its too obnoxious or not...I will be doing a before and after as well video.
  22. J

5.0 Exhaust Thread

Im very happy for now with our new true dual exhaust, (glasspacks) but wondering if it will be too loud once i remove the rear two cats. Im currently rockin all 4 catswith 71k on the clock. I put stainless band clamps in so I can figure out what I like best for different mufflers. I almost went...
  23. J

MY RLC rear bumper!!!!!

Agreed!!!..RLC will be getting our business very soon!
  24. J

4.10's or 4.56's

Im running 31's now, and notice on certain hills in town it has to unlock TC, or kickdown all together...I try to play the pedal so to speak to create the least amount of stress as possible on the trans, but gearing is in my future I think. as well as 4406 swap. I do plan on towing at some...
  25. J

questions about changing out the gears in the front

good info to know...I didnt think it would take that many hrs for a shop to swap gears...so I should plan on 2 days of the truck being gone for a gear swap? price range?
Back