Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

I went ahead and (against my better judgement) installed the update using the files someone posted earlier on Dropbox. The level of frustration in trying to get the Java downloader on the Ford website working is incredible - they really need to dump that crap. (I say "against my better...
  2. T

Could someone who has the files downloaded in the official way from Ford please provide a list of checksums? I have given up on making the Java downloader work & just grabbed the files another user posted elsewhere on this forum. Would like to verify they are legit before installing.
  3. T

Haven't done the update yet but will shortly. Just writing in to provide the feedback to Ford support that requiring the use of some kind of Java download manager is inconvenient and reeks of a corporate IT policy that is completely out of touch (ha, "touch", get it?!) with the way consumers use...
  4. T

Low Washer Fluid Warning Stuck on

Wow, not sure how I missed this thread; thx for moving mine. So what's the official word? Does the Sport have a fluid sensor?
  5. T

Low Washer Fluid Warning Stuck on

Low washer fluid sensor... Is it really possible that a loaded, near $50k vehicle sold in 2013 lacks a "low washer fluid" sensor? Ran out of juice in my Sport the other day... Blew my mind. It's a regression of sorts - I'm pretty sure my '01 Ex Sport had this, and it didn't even have...
  6. T

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but add me to the list of owners who suddenly had one of their 3rd-row seats crack in this fashion while loading the vehicle. In my case, I was in the rear cargo area with the seats down to help load some stuff. Apparently too much of my weight was on one corner of...
  7. T

Considering a Sport...

No, that's in addition to the 402A package (402A is a prerequisite for Adaptive Cruise option).
  8. T

Considering a Sport...

Yea, I've been looking forward to owning a vehicle with this feature ever since I heard a rumor of the technology many years ago. NOTHING is more frustrating than when people on the highway cannot maintain a consistent speed! This doesn't "fix" their poor driving, but it will certainly make it...
  9. T

Considering a Sport...

Yep, it's available as an option for around $1k.
  10. T

Considering a Sport...

Thanks a ton for the replies. I spent some time at a dealership today & drove a limited + an F150 with the ecoboost; not exactly the same as driving the actual Sport, but close enough. ...that EB really hauls, btw! They're working on transferring one listed in the inventory of a nearby dealer...
  11. T

Considering a Sport...

That's helpful, thx. I wouldn't want the console since the whole point (for me) for the buckets is easier pass-thru to the 3rd row when car seats / boosters are installed in the 2nd row. The sport is a great package... The EX wasn't really on my radar until a friend mentioned it recently - I...
  12. T

Bike Racks, Roof and Hitch mounts

Do you need to have the towing package to use that type of bike rack or can it connect without it?
  13. T

Considering a Sport...

Hey all - long time since I've been here. I previously had an '03 EX Sport (the two door, manual trans!) and I'm now strongly considering the '13 Sport. FWIW, I'm thinking: EX Sport, 402A, Blk or Wht/Blk, moon, 2nd-row buckets, adapt cruise A few questions that'd help me out: 1. There are a...
  14. T

just saying hi...

...to get the nag message to go away. :) I've had my '03 explorer sport for a few years & have just recently gotten around to doing some upgrades. I've just put in an amp and new stereo head unit so far, but plan do do some more in the near future.
Back