Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

iPod Track/Album not showing Explorer MFT

I have the iPod Nano Gen 4. In an attempt to rule out my iPod as the problem, I tried plugging my wifes iPod in, which is an Gen 3 Nano. Had the same problem with hers.
  2. J

iPod Track/Album not showing Explorer MFT

I've posted on a couple of forums for this issue and scoured the Internet and still have not found any solution. Up until about 2 months ago my iPod worked fine with MFT. Anytime I played my ipod in my 2011 Explorer it would show the song, artist and the cover art. Then all of the sudden it...
  3. J

Screen not displaying Artist name or song from Ipod

I am having the same problem all of the sudden. Before today it worked fine. Anytime I played my ipod in my 2011 Explorer it would show the song, artist and the cover art. Then all of the sudden today it stopped working and shows unknown file, unknown folder. The cover art still shows. I got...
  4. J

Engine knocking

Has anyone else experienced any engine knocking/rattling sounds? I have a 2011 XLT with 4,700 miles on it. During initial acceleration and final breaking (so between 0-5 mph) I often hear an engine knock or rattling noise. I am using 87 octaine fuel as per the owners manual. I just tried...
  5. J

Climate Settings With Remote Start

This might be a dumb question, but what does the system consider "cold? weather? I have a 2011 Explorer XLT. It was about 34 degrees here in NY today with about an inch of snow on my car. I used the remote start to warm up my car before going to work. When I got in the car the temp was at 69...
  6. J

Wind Buffeting Noise When Window Open!!!

With the windows down the sound was significantly diminished. What little noise remained could be the moon roof (which was open). I will have to experiment with that. Thanks for all the info here.
  7. J

No Remote Start on the 2012 XLT

There are actually several options that you can set for the remote start. You can set it to use your last settings when you left the car. Or you can use auto settings which determine the temp and defrost settings ( I think it uses 72 degrees as default). There is also a setting for it to rev...
  8. J

Wind Buffeting Noise When Window Open!!!

:exp:I have had my 2011 Explorer XLT for a week and a half now and so far I love this vehicle. There has only been one issue so far. We went away to the mountains for a couple of days. While driving on some back roads I put the back window down so the dogs could get some air and noticed a loud...
  9. J

No Remote Start on the 2012 XLT

The remote start wasn't an option in the 2011 XLT either. I just got my XLT last week and I had to have the dealer install the remote start for me (it wasn't a factory option). It cost about $450 and is guaranteed for the life of the vehicle.
Back