Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

I believe some Focus' have a white interior light option. I know when I was buying my Explorer, there was a plain-jane Focus and it had the same type of light. When I turned it on it was a white/blueish type light. That's weird though, because when I looked at the Edge it looked like a...
  2. B

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Why not just replace the 3rd row light with one from the new Focus?
  3. B

2011 Explorer Limited 20" wheels

Good luck with your sale. I like those wheels a ton more than the optional polished 20s my Limited came with. They just don't look right on that car and would have gotten them in a heartbeat.
  4. B

Sync update and DRL

Nice to see you passing my info along. :D
  5. B

Just got a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited, LOVE IT! Missing center console on second row

You can also try looking for a center console from a Ford Flex. They are identical in every way, even part numbers.
  6. B

TPMS and removing and remounting tires

No way to see individual tire pressures. If that were possible, we'd be dealing with the aforementioned issues about having to reprogram the TPMS when tire rotations are done.
  7. B

Adding Mods to Explorer- Base Model

Worst case have an electronis place hook up some aftermarket fog lamps. Side mirrors with turn signals = I would bet the wiring is already there as there are power/electrical connectors for the power mirrors/defrost.
  8. B

HD Radio to XLT with 202A Rapid Spec

I'm going to guess a lot more work than it's worth. Seriously, it sounds like it's going to take replacing the entire radio cluster to the upgraded one that has the HD radio. Shouldn't be that expensive except for the fact that through Ford it'll probably retail for a grand, :rolleyes:
  9. B

Installing or Programming Daytime Running lights (DRL)

I agree. Because it's the 3157 bulb I cannot see the bulb life being impacted enough to the point to where it needs to be replaced frequently. Though, as close as that bulb is it's a pain in the arse to replace...
  10. B

It definitely requires their computer. It needs to be connected to the car to access the BCM options. Once he gets to the exterior light/drl option it will throw a prompt that any changes are unauthorized by Ford, etc... I know because the tech let me watch over his shoulder the entire time...
  11. B

It's been proven that it works and the steps are here how to do it so there is no reason why they shouldn't try it out.
  12. B

No problem. It's amazing how Ford is the ONLY domestic automaker that has not embraced DRLs in one way or another. Seems like every Ford I have owned has DRLs "disabled" and no possible way of getting them activated according to Ford. Yet, my Contour SVT only needed a relay to activate them...
  13. B

I can CONFIRM that factory DRLs can be enabled on the Explorer. Unfortunately, I promised the techs that I would NOT disclose who/where I had it done as the IDS laptop states that any changes to the BCM are not authorized and the techs are solely liable for any changes not authorized by Ford...
  14. B

Service / Workshop manuals

I don't think you're going to have much luck finding that on the web. Especially since the car is barely a year old.
Back