Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Rack and Pinion Problems and a chirping sound...

Anybody replace a rack and pinion? What all is involved, and do I really need to take off the driver's side control arm???? Also, there is a random chirping noise coming from my ex.... It chirps about every 10 seconds are so and is louder if I am accelerating... You think its my harmonic...
  2. N

HELP!!! Multiple problems!

Just checked that passenger wheel again. No play at all... Its just stuck in that negative camber position.
  3. N

HELP!!! Multiple problems!

I recently noticed a pulsating vibration in the wheel whenever I'm on the highway (60-70 mph). When slightly turning left, it is more pronounced. So I went to check the bearings and they seem fine (no grinding noises and the wheel feels pretty solid). But I did notice that my front right wheel...
  4. N

Stereo Help!!!

I will take some when I get home tonight.
  5. N

Stereo Help!!!

What are the two lines (that are coming out of the smaller connection for? I couldn't find a diagram in my book....
  6. N

Stereo Help!!!

I am installing a new head unit in my 2003 Ford Explorer XLS and I cannot figure out what the three connections are that come out of the back... The wiring harness that is recommended only hooks up to one of the connections. Are they anything important??? If so, what is the work around?
  7. N

Whining noise when starting on cold days.

I like where you are going with this...:bsnicker:
  8. N

Heater thermostat doesn't seem to be working

I mean, you could just duct tape all the outside air vents ;) Yea, not a single ###### was given the day they designed the HVAC...:rolleyes:
  9. N

2004 4.0 issues

Check all of your plugs...
  10. N

4x4 Low won't engage

Have you tried putting it in 1st or 2nd?
  11. N

Whining noise when starting on cold days.

Could be the power steering getting ready to take a dump... ...just sayin
  12. N

Hi, new member and I need help!

Welcome USAF150! You still in? I just had the same problem.... Ended up being the e-brake shoes. Just take them off and leave them off. Unless you plan on using your e-brake alot.
  13. N

What's gonna go wrong next?

JCR- Don't forget about the constant diff whining, blend door actuators, recirculation doors, and the hinge that holds the rear glass... JT in MD- Treat her well and you will love her like your first born...
  14. N

Heater thermostat doesn't seem to be working

Recirculation door is probably broken off...
  15. N

MPH problems

In the past month, my average mph has gone from 16-17 to 10. The only things that have changed are a set of 255's I just threw on untill I get 265-285's, and I did the airbox mod.... Any ideas why this is happening?? My average commute is about 40 miles a day (mostly highway).:(
  16. N

Everything goes wrong with my X... But I still love her.

Wills05xlt4x4: No shavings, looks fine... Any idea what the winding sound is? BigRondo: Thanks for pointing that out, got away with not cutting the dash thanks to a 85 y/o vet that hangs aroung the base auto shop here. MinVikesFan: You try the air box mod, BWM, and a new gas filter? helped...
  17. N

Everything goes wrong with my X... But I still love her.

I have had my '03 for almost a month (previously had a '98 XLT that was bulletproof) and Murphy's Law is kicking my a$$. So far, the bearings need replaced, leaking PS fluid from rack and pinions, blend door actuator failed, plastic piece in back has cracked, and im guessing that the humming...
  18. N

Lift Blocks and Wheel Spacers

Anybody have any extra/old lift blocks or wheel spacers lying around? I just bought an 03 XLS to mess around with, and I want to get it lifted with a wider stance ASAP... I'm looking forward to joining the modified explorer community.:salute:
Back