Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. So far

So far

3 in body lift 32x11.5 tint flowmaster other mods
  2. E

lights

what im i looking at to pay for at a junkyard for the left headlight, turn signal, housing and all that... i need it all some dumass hit it
  3. E

clutch going out again?

okay, i know the clutch is going out when ur sitting there pushing on the gas and all its doing is the rpms going up... ive already replaced my cltuch flywheel and all that good sutff not too long ago it seemed like, like 6 months maybe, so im just wondering if it could be somthing else... like...
  4. E

who has bolted down theres boxes

im tired...of my box bouncing around and moving around as it was not made SPecially for the explorer cargo place..i would like one but didnt have the time or money to buy all the materials, etc to make it..is there anything in the way such as the gas tank ...its for 2 12s and is basically just a...
  5. E

what do you hang from your rear view?

yea if a cop pulled me over and added to my ticket for that id laugh at him and ask if he was serious and take it too court.. i usually have neclaces like mardi grai beeds hanging or like snowboard googles,
  6. E

help on tire choice

BTTT, anybody else?.....Pc Xterrianes sound good, Baja Claws, Trxus MT's, can anybody give any give any more info with expirerence.
  7. E

help on tire choice

alright right now i have 32s after i done my suspension lift too im going to run 35 or 36s, im going to need to be able to run them sometimes on freeway, defintly good in snow, want them to last a while if they can, its my daily driver, i drive a good 30ish-50ish miles a day give or take, good...
  8. E

Ordered Warrior Shackles will i have to get rid of my Rancho5000

you should be fine, im pretty sure it will just not have as much travel, correct me if im wrong, also it would depend on the length im going to guess you had the stock ones installed, i know of ppl that have ran with setups like that so i wouldnt worry
  9. E

Emergency brake question

easiest thing i found was to grap some pliers and put strength into, draper has a good idea too, just mess with it and keep looking at it and it will come eventuly.
  10. E

Steering extension for 2 inch body lift

when i did a 3 in BL i defintly needed one ive heard of ppl getting away with only a 2 but i ended up with one from a nice member on this board, but decided that it looked really funny being so high up so i looked at what i could do and the main problem is that it doesnt shift into 2-4-r so i...
  11. E

Cheapest place to get shackles

lets see the cheapest would be to find a set on this board, then theres such places as 4wheelparts.com desertrat.com, warriorproducts.com those are off the top of my head try search where to buy shackles or something of that sort
  12. E

Superlift SOA perches

type "superlift soa perch number" and got SUP1160. took em like 15 seconds. lol there yea go. are you going to be soaing soon?
  13. E

questions about shift motor

also the button in the back i unhooked the wire harness thing and turned the car on to the igniton thing and press the button and it stayed red the whole time no blinking, although the shift motor was out i dunno if that had anythign to do with it but if it stays red it suppose to mean the...
  14. E

i fianlly read the page under transfer cases Dead Link Removed it explained it all i highly recomend it at first i couldtn understand it and didnt bother reading it but after getting udner the car and messing with it/taking it out u get a prespective then read that and ull know what there...
  15. E

finally got around to pull of the shift motor wasnt too hard, pulled it off to look inside and see a core type thing i just cleaned the things i saw it was turning pretty good and i got it going better, then looked at it again and saw like two springs and like magenet things, thinking there the...
  16. E

jus another b4 and after

well this is how it started for me, tint exhuast system tires and a 3 BL, although this is just the start of it (5.5 sl+coil spacers/shacles, 36s on 15x10s, 4.56s locked rear engine mods, etc) let me just tell you i dont think the body lift provides any body roll i can take corners just as fast...
  17. E

skyjacker coils

is it true that the sj coils are a lot softer then the sl 133's so much that there lower then the sl's, i figured it should at least even out with htem being 6" and the superlifts being 5.5,
  18. E

gotta love snow

i live in the country and have to drive on roads that are icy and nonpaved someitmes its sometimes fun and all but hte other day i was doing about 50 coming home and started slowing down for a corner by my house and hit a batch of ice and it started to slide on its own.. i yanked the wheel to...
  19. E

1st Gen 3in BL with 32s

thanks man i need to figure out this picture stuff, urs is coming along good as well
  20. E

1st Gen 3in BL with 32s

21. E

fix or repair daily....

lol i just noticed that, i guess i was just tryign to get it all out,.......... i havbe read josh's thread but the oil leaking is not coming out between the motor and tranny i guess ill pull the inspection cover off and see whats up, and also now theres 0 pressure in the clutch so im guessign it...
  22. E

fix or repair daily....

problems with clutch okay 3 months ago tranny goes out, go and get a rebuilt one, put that in...clutch was replaced only a few months erlier(according to pervious owner) so didnt replace it was i down there, clutch goes out like 3 months later, was going go with centerforce kit but to expensive...
  23. E

A Question about body lifts

try searching there are literally 1000s of Body Lift threads on here but to answer ur question, im 16 and so is my friend, although we knew the basics of trucks, lifting,cars we knew nothing about the body lift with nothing but rachets we put on a 3 in BL on my 1st gen 4dr im pretty sure the 4...
  24. E

what to do about tire rubbing on front swaybar?

using spacers wont make my wheel fall off.. i know a lot of ppl that use them and i plan to use them in the future.
  25. E

what to do about tire rubbing on front swaybar?

well, ive had the setup 3in with 32x11.5s for awhile now and it barely rubs at all exept on full lock on some turns, so today when i was removing the rear swaybar i decided to see what it was rubbing on exactly...the front swaybar, now im not going to take it off, this is my dd, i havent tested...
Back