Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Looking to buy

Change of plans and can't make it out to look at it til thursday. Question: is this thing missing a center console???
  2. A

Looking to buy

Yea I didn't think it would be that great of a hauler. I have an 18' center console boat and a galvanized steel trailer. I'd imagine it might be a Lil much for it to pull, especially if the boat is loaded down with ice, beer, fishing gear, and 30 gallons of fuel. Oh well no worries. I've got my...
  3. A

Looking to buy

Just hope the pictures aren't lying to me! I'm not too worried about the lack of power. I'm just going to use it to putt around the woods in and some dirt roads and what not. I've had two full size broncos and have always had an interest in these lil bronco II's. Something about em, I just like...
  4. A

Looking to buy

Not hard to believe 93k miles or the 193k miles? Haha
  5. A

Looking to buy

An all original 2 owner 1985 Bronco II. Says 4wd works, ac works, windows and locks work. It's an auto Trans and appears to be in really good shape. Says it's a two owner and his grandfather has had it for 13 years and rarely drove it. It has 93-94k miles on it. No cracks in the dash even...
  6. A

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Yes quite easily actually.
  7. A

what 06 parts will fit my 03?

Theres a guy here parting out a nice 06 explorer on craigslist and he says he has most everything from the truck still. I don't really NEED anything, per say, but is there anything I could get from the 06 to put on my 03 that would improve my 03? Like, the mirrors, rear end, instrument...
  8. A

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Did my front right last week as well. Not nearly as bad as I thought it was gonna be. A lil pb blaster and impact wrench we were good!! And btw, you can get the timken hub assemblies that autozone has for $190 for $110 online at a place called rockwiseauto.com. just a heads up!!
  9. A

Passenger rear window quit working

Welcome to the club :D
  10. A

had to pull 1 head for a repair, do both head gaskets?

Do it to be safe!! I would. You might be kicking yourself in the shorts down the road.
  11. A

What is your factory tire size?

I've always noticed it sat up a lil higher than most other 3rd gens. I dunno.
  12. A

Lol that's why I'm asking!!
  13. A

Mine came with 255/70r16. Just curious to know what the usual tire size is. Most places I've looked online and tire stores online say I should have 235's and wont even give me the option to look at 255s after putting my vehicle info in. Just find it a little odd.
  14. A

Fuel Gauge Readings

My 03 did it today with the vehicle off. Never seen a vehicle do that...before today of course. Took a solid 15 minutes to get from 1/4 to full.
  15. A

6x9's in the rear doors?

Could always go with plate speakers, if you don't want the oval. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KFCP680/Kenwood-KFC-P680C.html?search=6x8+car+speakers
  16. A

6x9's in the rear doors?

I would just return them and get 5x7/6x8's. You said you got them locally, right?
  17. A

digital odometer diagnostics

Yea hold it down with your left hand for a few seconds with the vehicle off then start it and keep holding it until your odometer says "test". Then you can cycle through with the reset button.
  18. A

digital odometer diagnostics

Anybody ever heard of this? I know it works on my 03 mach 1, so i tried on my explorer and it works on this too. If you hold down your trip odometer button with the car off for a few seconds, and then start it, the screen will say TEST. You can then cycle through different displays including...
  19. A

Whirring noise in rear

Well good thing you're getting everything taken care of. And if you don't mind me asking, who is the mechanical breakdown insurance through?
  20. A

well I think its funny

Yea Boeing is ridiculous. They're trying to be all "green" and what not haha
  21. A

well I think its funny

Haha
  22. A

Any center caps from a 3rd gen explorer?

Here we go. Just to clarify. I started out with these on my wheels, and they started to rattle, so I took em all off. Note: these are one solid piece. Now my wheels look like this... Now I need to know what kind of center caps I need that will fit my stock wheel...
Back