Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Transmission shudder at 30mph?

bet they wont give me no bloody splash guards, i drive a 99 explorer, in other words i dont have money to throw at them lol, oh and i,m in Aus too that might stop them :)
  2. L

1993 Ranger XLT 3.0 Grinding in Reverse, Hard to Shift

good info on this topic, needed some clarification, have a 99 ur explorer, had manual tranny rebuild work done to it, now it grinds sometimes in 1st n 2nd gear, and 4th gear, picked the vehicle up cheap, thought to just take my time chewing thru the labour of the repair, 1st step in the shed...
  3. L

Valve body gasket.

yeh man i ended up dropping the front drive shaft, and let it hang there, it was,nt too difficult once you got it out the way.
  4. L

Valve body gasket.

hi guys thanks for the replies, i ended up putting it all back together with new gaskets and filter, did discover the problem is the band "low reverse" band, its all running at the moment, am going to attempt a rebuild myself once i order all the parts, oh if anyone in this site would like to...
  5. L

98 exp. 4.0 4wd trans questions

hi mate am about to attempt this task myself, same problem, its the 5 speed auto got the broken part here with me, was hoping its the valve body gasket, but nope its this problem, am keen to get into it and do it myself, as people are trying to charge me 3500 and up, i think the best i found was...
  6. L

98 exp. 4.0 4wd trans questions

hi mate am about to attempt this task myself, same problem, its the 5 speed auto got the broken part here with me, was hoping its the valve body gasket, but nope its this problem, am keen to get into it and do it myself, as people are trying to charge me 3500 and up, i think the best i found was...
  7. L

Valve body gasket.

hi guys am new to this site, did alot of reading some time ago, about the 1997 explorer xlt, thought this is a very good place to get "knowledge" about this as ford decided they wanted to charge 4000 dollars for an overhaul, and 5000 for the timing redone, so i smiled and walked away with a dumb...
Back