Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Replacement Leaf Springs

I ordered some from general spring, came out to $218.35 after $60 shipping to CA. Turdle, I'll probably go with Monroe shocks, not sure about that model though I'm not sure if I need that much load assist, I'll probably be driving up do Oregon in this next month also, so a soft ride would be...
  2. A

Replacement Leaf Springs

I'm planning on changing the shocks as well, but I don't know if that would fix the problem. Maybe I misused the term gangster, lean, it leans lower towards the driver side, not just front to back. Its pretty noticeable and I figure new leafs, maybe with an extra in the stack (4/1 instead of...
  3. A

Replacement Leaf Springs

Only place I've found cheaper is General Spring, but I haven't found any reviews of them. http://www.generalspringkc.com/Leaf_Springs_Ford_Explorer_Mountaineer_s/1883.htm Anybody used them before?
  4. A

Replacement Leaf Springs

I've got a pretty bad gangster lean on my exp, so I figure I'd replace the leafsprings/shocks etc. I've been looking around for replacement leafs/kits and the only one that I can seem to find is at http://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/p...-1803-164.html I'd be interested in this one, or...
  5. A

Replacement Leaf Springs

I've got a pretty bad gangster lean on my exp, so I figure I'd replace the leafsprings/shocks etc. I've been looking around for replacement leafs/kits and the only one that I can seem to find is at...
  6. A

Blend door not moving.

Pretty sure that the replacement motor I got was the wrong one, Dorman says it's for the manual controls 98-late00s. Anybody replaced this and know which motor I should get? Dorman says the 604-217 is the correct actuator for the EATC, but it looks significantly different.
  7. A

Blend door not moving.

I'm getting a little confused with all these numbers. The original actuator is f77h-19e694-bb, and the form factor is identical to the Dorman 604-202, but the Dorman website says that it is for the manual control system. The control in my truck doesn't have dials, but gives approximate...
  8. A

Blend door not moving.

Alright, I tested with both doors, as well as without an actuator in. Old - 031 024 025 New - 031 024 Nothing - 031 024 Where is the in car temperature sensor at? That is probably one of the loose connections I have. The new door is a 604-202, but there's not a 604...
  9. A

Blend door not moving.

I'm not sure that I have the right one, the numbers did not match up, but it looks the same. The old one had a white lid on a black case, the new one is all black. It was the only one the parts place had. I didn't realize that you could do a self test, thanks, I'll run it later tonight.
  10. A

Blend door not moving.

So I've been fixing up a 97 Eddie Bauer AWD 5.0L explorer for a while now. I seem to have hit a snag however. It used to be, when I would turn the truck on, there would be a loud clicking coming from behind the glovebox, and when I unplugged the blend door, the clicking went away. Since I'm...
  11. A

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

I skimmed this thread and didn't see any reference to this, so I figured I'd ask. I have an eddie bauer that I'm fixing up, but it doesn't have the dial, it has push buttons. It's a 97, so it might not follow the same rules as the 3rd gens, but if so, anyone know if it's just as simple as...
  12. A

Noise

1997 5.0L v8 AWD. There's a noise in my explorer on acceleration. It only happens on hard acceleration and sounds like a gear slipping. It seems to be below my feet on the driver's side. I checked the sway bars, and the driver side was loose, I tightened it up, but the problem is the...
  13. A

HELP - Popping noise on hills after a transfer case rebuild

They ever figure out the problem? I was talking to a mechanic about a similar problem, he seemed to think it might be play between the sun gear and planetary gears in the tcase.
  14. A

Popping on acceleration

Rebuilt the transfer case again. The popping is completely gone on turns, but it sounds like there are gears slipping on hard acceleration. Just replaced the wheel hub, thinking of replacing the driver cv axle again. Thoughts?
  15. A

Popping on acceleration

Coolant system has been flushed. Popping goes away when the front driveshaft is out, anybody have any common culprits?
  16. A

CV Front Prop Shaft Rebuild!!!

Anybody else not able to see the pics?
  17. A

Popping on acceleration

Any thoughts?
  18. A

Popping on acceleration

Put the filter back in, pulled the front drive shaft out of my brother's '01 awd, which was the correct length, no change in popping. Two thoughts: First, the cv cup of the drive shaft seemed extremely loose, and sounded like it was allowing air to come in and out. Is it supposed to do this...
  19. A

Popping on acceleration

Measured the shaft at 23 3/4. You're right, I think the replacement shaft is too long, I misread your post. [as 23 3/4 vs 23 7/8]. Gonna swap out the filter again, and look for a new shaft.
  20. A

Popping on acceleration

V8, mistyped it, corrected previous post.
  21. A

Popping on acceleration

It's out at my house, which doesn't have internet. I'll measure it and post tomorrow. Also, I'd think it's the other way around, the replacement shaft seems too long, not too short. Completely unrelated question, I was just talking to my brother, spit-balling what it might be. He says that...
  22. A

Popping on acceleration

Well, balls (pardon my french). I gave the original driveshaft to the place for core charge, and this was prob 6 months ago.
  23. A

Popping on acceleration

Forgot, I also replaced the driver's side lower ball joint. Glanced at them both anyway, looked ok, I'll look again in the morning. Edit: Would a ball joint only pop on acceleration?
  24. A

Popping on acceleration

Hey all, I'm in the process of resurrecting a 1997 AWD Explorer. It's been a tricky endeavor thus far. I'm now stuck on trying to figure out a popping on acceleration. The work I've done so far includes: 1. replaced CV axle (driver's side I think, it's been a while) 2. replaced...
Back