Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Thule box Explorer mileage

OP - I just did a 2500 mile trip in my v6 4wd. We had an 18 cubic foot Yakima box on top and averaged just shy of 20mpg on the trip. This included a few hundred miles going 80+ where we averaged around 16, and several trips up and down mountain passes for skiing. Overall I don't think you'll...
  2. M

Thule box Explorer mileage

Y'all are nuts. Are you seriously discussing folding mirrors for max MPG? What does that yield? .05 more MPG? Vs the trade off for safety? Not worth it. If MPG is that important you're in the wrong vehicle. - Edit: just saw some of the sarcasm above that I didn't see the first time...
  3. M

Sirius Channel Browser

This feature is worthless as it never works. My 2 cents...
  4. M

MFT/Sync issues... should I regret ordering??

We've had our X now for about 3 weeks. At first I thought "this isn't as bad as I'd heard it would be", but now I'm having second thoughts. - Bluetooth has stopped working. For some reason neither of our two phones will pair anymore - iPod won't stay connected. Sometimes it works...
  5. M

X-Plan Fee Question

My invoice did have $70 for "dealer inventory tax". I didn't question it a) because it said "tax" and b) because it was only $70. There were no other fees aside from sales tax and registration.
  6. M

X-Plan Fee Question

I just bought in TX via X-Plan. Let me dig up the paperwork and see what we paid...
  7. M

Sirius Travel Link not working...

It's not working for me either. First time I've tried to use it with Explorer. Interesting idea to offer a trial subscription, but I 100% guarantee that there's no way I'll pay for a service that doesn't work. Even base channel browsing doesn't work in the car. Do people actually pay for...
  8. M

Why no front parking sensors?

I agree. Very much needed in this vehicle. Seems like an odd thing to leave out.
  9. M

Is this a good price?

^^^ Lots of #s, but I can't interpret what they mean. Am I the only one?
  10. M

2012 LTD AWD Price/Thanks for Help

Looks like it's a go for me, baring any surprises. I'm north of you in the hill country and was just about to order an X when I found one in Austin that pretty much meets our specs. It's a bit of a haul but I'm excited to get it sooner rather than later.
  11. M

2012 LTD AWD Price/Thanks for Help

Congrats! Where in TX are you? I'm about to buy an X myself ... perhaps today. Not quite as loaded as yours, but should still be fun regardless.
Back