• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Playin Around

Playin Around

2. D

What diff cover for an 8.8

Haven't used any of them, but based on looks I like the Ruff Stuff one
  3. D

93 - Slightly overheating, then cooling off.

I had the same problem on my 94 and found a hair line crack in the top of the radiator. It couldn't keep pressure because of the leak, but evertime I stoped the vehicle I could see no antifreeze leak (cause it was on top). Didn't always over heat, just when it had to "work", like climbing...
  4. D

Where the h$(( is everybody

Why is it that us Utah Explorer owners can't seem to get things together? Helping each other with work on the vehicles, trail rides, camping etc.
  5. D

Bought a 98 Explorer, Figured I'd Sign Up

Welcome and enjoy your 98, I miss mine
  6. PICT1361

PICT1361

7. PICT1335

PICT1335

8. PICT1334

PICT1334

9. PICT1333

PICT1333

10. Forest Lake 1994 Ex

Forest Lake 1994 Ex

11. D

just got my first explorer, now what?

i had a 1998 that had a similar sound and it turned out to be a loose timing chain tensioner. cost me $1400.00 to get fixed, it is covered under a Ford Service Bulliten. Hope that isn't your problem as well. But it is worth checking
  12. D

We Finally Got Our Own Place

Hey Jake thanks for the offer and when I start I'll call ya. I also picked up a c-6 and an NP 205 to drop in. Should be interesting
  13. D

trans help

A lot. There is a good post somewhere on this board, sorry don't remember where it is or the title but I just did a V-8 swap search and found it.
  14. D

Heed this warning

Fire Ex Ok I talked to a FD buddy of mine about the proper extinguisher and technique for putting out an engine fire. He said get a CO2 extinguisher as it leaves no mess to clean up afterward. If you can't find on of those get a cat B or C or if all else fails get an ABC one but not an A by...
  15. D

Should I attempt to swap 5r55e trannies

make sure the torque converter is seated properly when you put the new one in.
  16. D

Should I attempt to swap 5r55e trannies

It isn't that hard, just get the right size line wrenches for the cooler lines and a tranny jack makes it mucho betta
  17. D

Heed this warning

Show them the pics of my X and they will probably stop.
  18. D

Heed this warning

Lots of safety violations keep me from driving it. You can't even see the engine for all the melted plastic. Why why why why use plastic for all this stuff? I know cheaper, lighter, but not fire resistant. Ok to help people out and prevent the further crispying of vehicles, what type of...
  19. D

98 - 94 tranny

Ok now that I have burned my 98 X up and I have a 94 with a semi-functional tranny I was wondering will the tranny from the 98 work in the 94? They are both automatics. I believe the 4R55E is in the 98 and the A4LD is in the 94.
  20. D

Heed this warning

Thanks, for the concerns. to answer the questions. It was a leaking fuel injector, it was outside, nobody was hurt. And the FD put it out with water, granted lots and lots of it, more than a garden hose could have done. Wasn't insured as it was inoperable. Fire extinguishers are...
  21. D

Heed this warning

Here are some pictures of what is left of my 1998 X. I was working on the fuel system looking for a leak. Some fuel spilled onto the exhaust manifold and this is the result. If I had, had a fire extinguisher onhand I could have saved the car. Moral of the story. Have one handy when working...
  22. D

98 Ex shutters and sputters

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I bought 4 more injectors and put them on and it runs fine now.
  23. D

98 Ex shutters and sputters

Ok more information. Just to make sure on the plug wires, I didn't even check them I just took them all off and put them back on making sure they were on right. The vehicle idles fine and up to 25 mph no problems. Once over 25 the problem starts and gets worse the faster you go.
  24. D

Which 4x4 to buy?

I agree, only I would go with the Jeep XJ, only because you can still get ones that are fairly new and there is a gizillion parts out there for them. Finding stuff for the Explorer is like finding hens teeth.
Back