Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Wow, you have backup camera with active guides and you still are backing up over your lawn and in to a sewer! ;)
  2. T

How To Hang Up The Phone

You have to hold down the phone button for a few seconds.
  3. T

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

Does the TSB only apply to 2013 models? I have this issue on my vehicle. It doesn't happen all the time. I may just not notice it however because I normally just use GPS on road trips. Just a couple weeks ago it freaked out just as we were entering KC and showed us on some city streets as we...
  4. T

BT Streaming Button

Did anyone else notice that there are three "indicator lights" on the BT streaming button. Normally this means that you can switch modes. For instance switch to different banks of presets on AM or FM mode. I have no idea what this is for on BT. When I press it it seems to do nothing. Has...
  5. T

BT Phone Connection Issue

I have a problem occasionally where the phone will no longer connect to MFT. It will just spin trying to connect. I tried to initiate the connection from the phone as well. I tried rebooting the phone. The only thing that will solve the issue it to "schedule maintenance" on MFT. I use the...
  6. T

2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise

You can do the update yourself. Just go to syncmyride.com. You will need to order the SD Nav card if you have nav, but they ship it very quickly. Mine came next day. I am very pleased to see that this version helped the noise. A lot to complain about, but this is one on the plus side.
  7. T

My explorer tried to crush my dog

I am so sick of this POS vehicle. Firstly all the MFT issues for a year and a half and no applink. Now this. The stupid buttons for the rear seat are easily bumped. That is what happened when my wife lifted our dog into the back end of the explorer. The seat started to flip and crush him...
  8. T

Sync Applink?

It would really be great if we could get this functionality while we still own our vehicles.
  9. T

Heated/Cooled Seats Voice Command

I did post this on the ideas section. I did this a little under a year and a half ago. Either nobody looks at this, nobody at ford thinks it is missing. Now I can't even log on to this site. Reset my password and logged in with the new one. It still just keeps poping up the login screen...
  10. T

Bluetooth Streaming

Sometimes when I start my car after playing one of my podcasts from the phone, it will start playing again. At other times, it will switch over to radio and I have to switch back to bluetooth to get it playing again. It will normally say connecting at that point.
  11. T

"NAV SD Card Fault"

Navigation Fault After the upgrade, (with a new SD card), I have got a navigation fault about 3-4 times. I have to eject and reinstert the SD card 1-3 times to get this to correct itself. Does this sound like a bad SD card or a bad reader? I am kind of assuming the former since I didn't have...
  12. T

BUG: Cannot Add Individual Contacts to Phonebook

In the past, I have always skipped downloading the entire phonebook. I have been told by Ford Sync experts that to get my contact photos to show up I need to store them locally and send them to the system one-by-one. I have done this and it is has worked. After the upgrade to 3.5.1, I can no...
  13. T

BUG: Voice Command for Listening to a Message

When I say the command to listen to a message, the system is telling me that my device doesn't support messaging. However, it does. As it always has, the messaging menu shows up under the phone section, I can have the system read messaged when they come in by pressing the correct option, etc...
  14. T

Galaxy SIII(3) vs iphone 4S (sprint)

Would you mind testing something on your s3. Open your contact on the phone and set the picture from the phone galary. (a phone-local file) Now go into the phonebook menu on MFT and sync that individual contact. Now try to dial and see if the contact shows up. I believe that I had to both...
  15. T

Android Netcast Player

I am currently using BeyondPod. My hope would have been that I would have had button on the touch screen to skip forward/backward a seconds as well as next/prev track. With BP, the next/prev track button doesn't seem to do anything for a single press, but I may need to create a playlist. If I...
  16. T

MFT Master Phone Compatibility List - Add your phone

Carrier: US Cellular Phone Model: Motorola Electrify (similar to Sprint's Motorola Photon) Operating System: Android OS/Firmware Version: 2.3 (Gingerbread) Date Purchased: 10/2011 BT... Audio Streaming: Yes Display Track Information: Yes Reliable Connection: Yes Phonebook...
  17. T

Motorola Electrify

The messaging now seems to work fine with the updated version (3.02) of MFT. The biggest two issue that I still had outstanding was that it would not display who the message was from. The even bigger problem was that it would not say the message right after it came it. I would have to d/l it...
  18. T

phonebook address format

I have a motorola electrify.
  19. T

phonebook address format

Yes, I have it working. I don't know if I have every single contact working because I haven't tried them all. At first I thought that none of them worked and that I needed to find the right format. However, I then noticed that some of them worked. I re-entered my addresses on some key ones...
  20. T

phonebook address format

I don't think it is really a particular format to the address. (I thought it was this at first) I think that it just says this when it cannot find the address. Try taking one that doesn't work and try to find it manually on the nav system. Then rework your address to street names that were...
  21. T

No Audio from USB Devices Suddenly

I can't answer what causes it, but I can say that the same happens to me. It happens with my USB flash drive. I can see the volume moving up/down, but nothing can be heard. The only thing that seems to fix it is when it does one of it's random reboots.
  22. T

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

Rebecca, I have been through all Ford support channels that I am aware of; chat & phone support. They were of no help with my questions. Can you tell me of any other support avenues to answer the questions/problems that I have. See the "Motorola Electrify" thread in this forum.
  23. T

Motorola Electrify

I played with address stuff again after being told to put things in city, state, address format. I created a new test contact with my address in that format. I could not even get that contact to load into the phonebook using the Add button. (Which is how I got the others transferred) On the...
  24. T

MFT/Sync issues... should I regret ordering??

Your issues may not show up when you are at the dealer. For instance, after the thing does one of it's random reboots. My bluetooth streaming with work fine for the next few times. Then it will go haywire and only work sometimes. Many of the other numerous problems occur often, but are...
Back