Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Missing engine - help!

Thanks! I've never heard that before and have run nothing but Borscht in my trucks over the years. This is the first time I've had issues with them, but they were the mid grade plugs...the super plus. I'll definately be keeping my eyes on them tho!
  2. N

Missing engine - help!

The only code that was displayed was a vacuum canister purge but that isn't the problem. When I bought the truck, the lines were all dry rotted. I pulled them off and capped the corresponding place where I pulled them off...that was 10 minutes after buying it. I've put 15K miles on it since then...
  3. N

Missing engine - help!

Engine misses while stereo is off
  4. N

Missing engine - help!

Voltage while running is 14.6V with the stereo off...it varies while the stereo is running at full tilt. It's right around 12V after sitting all night.
  5. N

Missing engine - help!

I have a 94 Mazda B4000. It is the 4.0L, automatic with roughly 278000 miles on it. The only modifications are the alternator, when from the stock 95 amp to a newer models 130 amp. Two 10" JL Audio W0's and a 600 watt JL amp. Other than that the truck is stock. About a week ago the engine...
  6. N

97 Mounty

Found this while looking for parts...... http://wausau.craigslist.org/cto/2934189233.html Figured I'd pass it on
  7. N

amber check engine light

I have a code 86......REPLACE TRUCK!!!!!!!!!! :wavey: :hammer:
  8. N

amber check engine light

This probably isn't any help.....but my check engine light is on 99.9% of the time.....at least I think it is....put a piece of black tape over it about 2 weeks after I got the truck. Seriously tho, it could be anything.....it's just a sensor sending a message back to the computer. If the...
  9. N

Part Identification --- NEED HELP

Figured it out....they r the driver and passenger side bottom absorbers for the cab to frame mounts......FML! :mad: :hammer:
  10. N

Part Identification --- NEED HELP

So, I may have missed the driveway (too much bird crap on my mirror) and drove into the ditch by the house. This stretched the suspension QUITE a bit (leaving one wheel off the ground). No real issues, but I found one of these rubber body mount looking things on each side of the truck after I...
  11. N

Electrical Upgrade Questions

Do they make a dry cell motorcycle battery??? Something that can lay on its side???
  12. N

That's what it's here for! Grow and learn!
  13. N

Stopped by the local electric motor repair shop yesterday.....he said to change out the pulley for a smaller one. What it will do is cause the alternator to spin faster. It won't produce more power or current but it will produce it faster! I think I am going to buy a new battery first and see if...
  14. N

FINALLY got to the work at hand. Replaced the grounds to the motor and body over the weekend and MOST of the dimming has stopped. Still draws alot of power at high volume but that is to b expected. I think that the 130A alternator will do the trick for now. The 200A is looming in the near future!
  15. N

Just an update on my original post.....wasn't able to get to the grounds last night. Lots going on. Maybe tonight!
  16. N

You can purchase online and choose in store pickup but then your local store doesn't get credit for the sale. So, go all the way to checkout and just print out the page and take it into the local store and they will match it! No questions asked! The code by the way was "ALTX"
  17. N

Advanced Auto Parts. Go online. Print out the order and take it into your local store and they'll match the price. Original cost 109.99 - 25% = 82.29 + the $40 core that u get back when u return ur old one. Used the sales code from this site. 25% off alternators over $100.
  18. N

I really wanted to go with a 200A right from the get go, but I fell onto this 130A, brand new for $85. Had to give it a go before I spent a weeks pay on the 200A! Going to do the grounds tonight after work and see if I fixed the problem. If I could only do 65mph all the time, this wouldn't b...
  19. N

Really.....nothing...61 views and no responce.....not even a "that's the right direction" or "no, don't do that, it's a waste"!? Interesting!
  20. N

Don't have enough current from the factory electrical system! The only additions to the truck's electrical system are; JVC head unit, 2 - 10" JL Audio W0V3, JL Audio XD600 amplifier, StreetGlow 100w Headlights, and a Cobra fuzz buster. Everything else is stock. So, this is what I have done...
  21. N

For Sale Parting out 1993 Explorer 4x4

Is the EGR Tube in solid shape?? Also rear trans mount?? Also interested in the plastic piece that covers the trottle cables on top of the engine. Live in Wisconsin, r u able to ship those things? Not even sure what they're worth.....don't have anything to trade...just hoping to find...
  22. N

Part Identification????????

Thanka for the tip.....wasn't sure what to search under. Was getting lost in emissions and exhaust stuff!
  23. N

Part Identification????????

The pipe that runs from the drivers side exhaust manifold to right behind the ERG Feedback....it has two rubber hoses that go from it to the Feedback. It also has a woven heat shield covering it. Truck is: 1994 Mazda B4000 4WD 4.0L Automatic I'd post pic of it but I'm not allowed to post...
  24. N

TC bolts????? Need HELP quick!!!! PLEASE!!

Nuts r off! Buddy hand cranking the crank pulley and holding it while I twisted the nuts off! Thanks for the help!
  25. N

TC bolts????? Need HELP quick!!!! PLEASE!!

Please don't laugh.....which bolt is that? Can u give me a basic location and approximate size????? Or even a picture would b great!
Back